Director of Sales BOOT
Fluence is seeking a Director of Sales, who will be responsible for the sales strategy and implementation of the Build-Own-Operate-Transfer (BOOT) business throughout the Americas and the Caribbean.
Interested applicants may submit a cover letter and CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Roles and Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities will be to develop a sustainable BOOT pipeline and close sales in the territory. Full responsibility of the sale cycle in a territory, from market development stage through closing the purchase order.
- Initiate engagement with targeted customers and partners, lead the opportunity development process. Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer and partner accounts.
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned partner accounts / territory.
- Responsible for the sales team responding to tenders and submitting proposals.
- Identify and develop channel partners – OEM’s, representatives, distributors and general contractors. Proactively lead a joint partner planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship.
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate customers' needs on an ongoing basis. Lead solution development efforts that best addresses customer's needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company and partner personnel.
- Work closely with the finance, legal and corporate management to properly vet opportunities, negotiate BOOT contracts and be directly responsible for the financial proforma of the project.
- Work closely with channel partners to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution. Gain full understanding of the customers' challenges, culture, environment, market trends, future technologies, and partners that may affect the customer's business.
- Responsibility for the sales budget.
- The Director of Sales BOOT will work closely with the Chief Marketing Officer to ensure that:
- Marketing and sales activities and priorities are closely aligned;
- Marketing supports sales efforts in general and more specifically in priority markets and with key accounts targets;
- Participation in tradeshows is coordinated and results in additional prospects;
- Ensure strong customer brand awareness and lead generating activities.
- Work closely with the engineering and operations to ensure proper development of the BOOT proposals as well as follow up and support project execution.
- Contribute to positive Company branding by projecting a knowledgeable, professional, and customer-oriented image to customers.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Fluence Corporation standards, while always striving to understand the needs and expectations of the customer.
- Minimum 15 years of sales experience developing and closing BOOT type projects in the water space in South America, Mexico and the Caribbean
- Proven experience in long, complex sales cycle processes
- Strong management skills, ability to work across multiple departments and disciplines
- Utilizing CRM systems
- Extensive network in water and waste-water treatment industries
- Experience in technical product sales to include system sales – a plus
- Fluent in Spanish and English.
Required Skills and Characteristics
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Self-motivated, pusher
- Well organized
- Excellent interpersonal relationship
- Willingness for extensive travel
Fluence is a leader in the decentralized water, wastewater and reuse treatment markets, setting the industry pace with its Smart Products Solutions, including Aspiral™, NIROBOX™ and SUBRE. Fluence offers an integrated range of services across the complete water cycle, from early stage evaluation, through design and delivery to ongoing support and optimization of water related assets, as well as Build Own Operate Transfer (BOOT) and other recurring revenue solutions. With established operations in North America, South America, the Middle East, Europe and China, Fluence has experience operating in over 70 countries worldwide and enables businesses and communities worldwide to maximize their water resources. For more information please visit www.fluencecorp.com.