Head of Department (WASH or Energy)
- Job Title/grade: Head of WASH or Energy Deparment
- Location: Phnom Penh (Cambodia), with the possibility to travel in provinces of Cambodia and in developing countries in South East Asia and Africa. Other countries based on opportunities
- Type of contract: Full Time
- Duration: Minimum 2 years
- Starting Date: Our team is eager to have you on board as soon as October 2019 and a start no later than December 2019
- Salary & benefits: Depending on educational background and experience. Bonuses based on commercial development
- Reporting to: Directors and Co-founders of Sevea
We aim to strengthen our sectorial departments in WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) and Energy (Renewable Energy & Energy Efficiency) and are thus looking for a hard-working, passionate expert/managers equipped with an entrepreneurial mindset and a consulting background who could lead one of the departments.
At Sevea, we are a team of passionate consultants dedicated to support all the actors (Corporates, Organisations, Governments and SMEs) of the development sector in their initiatives/actions. From creating innovative programs, conducting sectoral studies, mentoring entrepreneurs or acting as expert in national development projects, we develop services and coordinate projects to find the best answers to tackle energy, water and rural development issues in emerging market. After 7 years of experience in developing countries, Sevea is today supporting projects all round the globe mainly in South East Asia, in Africa, and Oceania.
Our departments are composed of a multi-disciplinary team carrying out projects and research studies on water service delivery and sanitation, energy access, consumption and efficiency. From behaviour change analysis to sectoral studies, decision-making tool to financial modelling, project design to project management, the work accomplished requires a broad set of skills, creative, critical-thinking and entrepreneurial mindset.
Find more about us: http://www.seveaconsulting.com
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Head of Department
- You will be responsible for the supervision and development of the WASH or Energy & Energy Efficiency department;
- You will lead the current projects and research papers;
- You will be responsible for managing and delivering projects and providing expert advice to a range of clients from NGOs to private organisations;
- You will be in charge of business development and sales;
- You will be responsible for managing, undertaking and developing a wide rage of consultancy work with public and private sector clients along with helping to expand our work in South-East Asia. The work is likely to be varied across the sector and may include undertaking market studies, cost-benefit analyses, sector knowledge reports, business model, strategic analysis and opportunities, realising feasibility studies, designing, implementing and managing projects.
Sevea being a SME, all employees are asked to contribute to the interal life of the company, from reinforcing its communication and marketing tools, to optimising internal processes to run it more efficiently. Working at Sevea implies contributing to all aspects of its development. From time to time, you will be asked to take part in the commercial development of the company, especially by creating strategic partnerships or establishing new client relationships with SMEs or organisations from the development sector and by developing new offers.
Qualifications and Skills Required
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Economics or Political Science. Mixed profile is an asset.
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience in the WASH or Renewable Energy or Energy Efficiency sector with experience in a consulting firm and at least 1 year in senior management;
- Experience conducting market researches, sectoral studies, analyse large datasets and carry out quantitative and qualitative analyses;
- Experience to answer to calls for proposal and grants and to write studies;
- Experience to design, implement and manage project (teams, budget, subcontractors…);
- Former experience in South-East Asia, especially Cambodia is an asset.
- Able to manage multiple clients, stakeholders and projects. The successful applicant will be expected to be comfortable interacting with a range of clients and should be an effective communicator;
- Hard-worker, ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines;
- Willingness to ‘muck-in’ and carry out all types of tasks as necessary;
- Full proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) – knowledge of pivot table and VBA;
- Fluent in English, native speaker preferred.
- Strong commitment to the environmental and social principles which drive Sevea;
- Strong team spirit and involvement within all the projects, working sessions and development of the company and employees;
- Must be an entrepreneur at heart, organised and have an ability to prioritise workload in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, problem solving and organisational skills;
- Ability to work within and to support the development of a growing team from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds and in a multicultural environment (our team composed of Khmer, French and British employees for now);
- Polyvalent and proactive;
- Keen to travel in rural areas in Cambodia but also withing the region and Africa.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume, cover letter and a brief writing sample in English following this application form.