Senior Project Manager (Water Resources Engineering)
Princeton Hydro is looking for an immediate hire; an enthusiastic and diversely experienced Water Resources Engineer who is available to work in either our Southern New Jersey Office (located in Sicklerville, NJ, just 20 miles from Philadelphia) or our Main Office (located in Ringoes, NJ). We have significant opportunities for a qualified candidate to work on U.S. Army Corps of Engineers water resources infrastructure, flood risk management, and ecosystem restoration projects, and other clients in dam rehabilitation, stormwater management and green infrastructure design projects, lake restoration, resiliency design including coastal protection, and wetland and stream mitigation design.
The ideal candidate will need to be a resourceful team player who is passionate about water resource related projects. This position requires regular interaction with engineers, scientists, ecologists, regulators, contractors and clients, focusing primarily on the analysis, modeling, design, permitting and construction oversight for a variety of water resource projects. This is an exciting and highly rewarding career opportunity.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science in Civil or Environmental Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- Licensed to practice professional engineering in NJ or the ability to obtain reciprocity licensing in a reasonable timeframe
- Ability to manage specific projects/tasksAbility to develop proposals and grant applications for existing and potential clients throughout the Mid-Atlantic region – business development focus will be primarily on new client leads and client maintenance
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects requiring coordination between offices
- Ability to work on proposals, concept plans, and general cost estimates for future work
- Ability to oversee engineering project managers and junior engineering staff, including QA/QC of work products and day-to-day schedule management
- 6 to 15 years of design experience in a diversity of projects, including stormwater management/Green Infrastructure, hydrologic and hydraulic analysis and civil engineering plan preparation. Experience with designing stream and wetland restorations, stormwater inspection, and dam engineering is a plus.
- Knowledge of New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Maryland stormwater rules and regulations is required
- Strong organizational and technical writing skills are required
- Ability to work in team settings as well as independently with minimal supervision and direction
- A passion for and devotion to the profession
DESIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- AutoCAD, including Civil 3D
- H&H computer models, including HydroCAD, HEC-HMS, and HEC-RAS
- Knowledge of state, federal and regional regulatory compliance throughout the NY and Philadelphia metropolitan areas (including NJ) is a plus
- Technical Writing
- Experience mentoring and leading a small group of staff
- Ability to provide expert testimony at Planning and Zoning Board of Adjustment/Hearing Boards, as well as for litigation efforts
The level of experience can vary, but the person must be willing to live our firm’s core values of 1) integrity, 2) creativity, 3) endeavoring to be the best, 4) fostering human potential, 5) a positive working atmosphere, 6) quality, and 7) safety.
This is truly a unique opportunity to become part of our prestigious firm, as well as challenge yourself via the performance of a variety of unique high-profile projects. We are confident that Princeton Hydro will provide the candidate with the corporate culture, personnel, resources, and other tools to assure our mutual success.
Princeton Hydro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a base salary commensurate with experience, health insurance, 401K retirement, and paid vacations. To consider a career move to our award-winning environmental company, please send your resume and cover letter with the subject line “Senior Project Manager - NJ” to .