Helvetas is a development organisation anchored in Switzerland. Our vision is a just world in which all men and women determine the course of their lives in dignity and security, using environmental resources in a sustainable manner.
We are currently looking for a Coordinator of the Swiss Water Partnership for the Helvetas hosted secretariat of the Swiss Water Partnership (SWP). The SWP is a multi-stakeholder platform launched in 2012 to contribute to solving global water challenges and position Switzerland at the forefront of the international water scene.
- Support the development of a yearly work-programme
- Maintain regular contact with the SWP members and approach potential new members
- Organise, coordinate and facilitate the presence of the SWP in relevant Swiss and international water events such as the annual World Water Week
- Maintain and keep the web-platform updated, share information through a newsletter and social media
- Develop partnerships with relevant actors and sponsors
- Prepare and publish annual progress and financial reports
- Organise, facilitate and report on learning events of the SWP
- Master’s degree in water management, international development, engineering or business development or similar fields
- 2-3 years of professional experience in the water sector, including development cooperation experience in water.
- Knowledge about the water sector in Switzerland and global water challenges
- Goal-orientation, strong conceptual and analytical competences, and working experience in project management
- Excellent oral and written communication and facilitation skills in an intercultural context and excellent spoken and written English, German and French
- Good networking skills and ability to work in teams and independently
- Interest or experience in WASH (including behaviour change), WASH in humanitarian response situations or urban areas, or familiarity with sanitation technology and services or market-based approaches to WASH would all be assets.
We offer you
A contract initially limited until December 31, 2021. Attractive working conditions in small teams and a multicultural setting, work place in Zurich or Berne (close to the main stations). We look forward to receiving your complete application including motivation letter, work certificates and diplomas by October, 27, 2019 via our online recruiting portal.