Strengthening EAPRO and Country Office Knowledge Management Functions in WASH
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a better future
UNICEF works to ensure the rights of all children in the East Asia and Pacific Region. This means the rights of every child living in this country, irrespective of their nationality, gender, religion or ethnicity, to:
- survival – to basic healthcare, peace and security;
- development – to a good education, a loving home and adequate nutrition;
- protection – from abuse, neglect, trafficking, child labour and other forms of exploitation; and
- participation – to express opinions, be listened to and take part in making any decisions that affect them
How can you make a difference?
The Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) section, UNICEF East Asia and Pacific Regional Office (EAPRO) is seeking an individual consultant to strengthen EAPRO and Country Office Knowledge Management Functions in WASH.
For Nature of Consultancy and Purpose of Assignment, please refer to the attachment:
Estimated Duration of Contract: 11.5 months during 1 November 2019 – 15 October 2020.
Official Travel: UNICEF EAPRO, Bangkok with anticipated travels to the countries for technical support.
- Advanced University Degree in Water Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Public Health, Social Sciences or related disciplines.
- At least eight (8) years’ experience with proven record of accomplishment and exposure dealing with WASH programmes, especially on Sanitation and hygiene, water quality and safety and cross-cutting areas including gender, disability, adolescents etc.
- Experience of WASH related research and analysis, including formative research, Action Learning etc.
- Demonstrated competency in technical (including peer-reviewed articles) and advocacy writing, reviewing, editing, proofreading and production/publication with proven experience in WASH.
- Previous experience editing and writing for UNICEF and familiarity with UNICEF’s style guidelines would be an asset.
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills, including experience in cross-cultural environment and international settings.
- Familiarity and relevant work experience in the East Asia and Pacific region is an asset.
- Proven ability for accuracy under pressure and adherence to deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative and innovate.
- Work within the core values of UNICEF and the standard terms and conditions of UNICEF individual Consultant Contracts.
Interested candidates are requested to submit CV or P-11, full contact information of minimum 2 references, availability, proposed monthly professional fee, all-inclusive travel costs to/from Bangkok and other incidentals in USD by 20 October 2019. Please note the air tickets under UNICEF contract shall be re-routable, refundable type (economy class and most direct route). The consultant will be responsible for own travel insurance, visa fee and terminal expenses.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Opening Date Mon Oct 07 2019 04:00:00 GMT+0200 (Central European Summer Time) SE Asia Standard Time
Closing Date Sun Oct 20 2019 18:55:00 GMT+0200 (Central European Summer Time)