Australia nationals: Senior Project Officers (Pool)
Why are we recruiting?
The Department for Environment and Water is running a recruitment process to establish a pool of suitable applicants to fill a number of current and future anticipated Senior Project Officer roles in the Water Infrastructure and Operations Branch, including but not limited to roles in the South Australian Riverland Floodplains Integrated Infrastructure Program (SARFIIP) and the Healthy Coorong, Healthy Basin (HCHB) program. The Statement of Duties provides specific information on the current vacancies. Multiple positions are available for 12-18 months, with possibility of extension.
The Senior Project Officer(s) will be responsible for planning and coordinating the delivery of environmental projects to improve water management outcomes. The role(s) will contribute to all phases of the project life cycle, including but not limited to concept development; feasibility investigations; business case development; implementation planning; project management and reporting; collaborating with and between project teams; supporting program governance arrangements; and supporting stakeholder engagement activities. While initially aligned to a specific program, it is anticipated that the role(s) may transition between projects and programs over time.
- Experience in managing projects preferably in government or public sector settings.
- A tertiary qualification in science, natural resources management or engineering highly desirable
- Project management qualifications highly desirable.
- Experience in development of business cases for externally funded projects is desirable.
- May be required to participate in fire management and associated duties.
- Current class “C” driver’s licence and willingness and ability to safely operate a 4wd is desirable.
- Relevant Project Management qualifications or the equivalent extensive experience is required
- Some out of hours work, inter and intra-state and remote travel involving overnight absences may be required.
Until 30 June 2020 (with possibility of extension)
ASO6 - $90,984 - $96,343 per annum
Angus MacGregor, Project Manager, Healthy Coorong Healthy Basin
All applications must be submitted online.
Applicants must submit a CV and letter of application (max 3 pages) responding specifically to the criteria outlined in the ‘Technical, Professional/Knowledge and Experience’ listed in the Role Description and their suitability/experience relevant to the Statement of Duties.
No response to the core competency elements is required.
Applications close: 17/10/2019 6:00 PM
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.