Analyst (Environment & Communications)
The Division of Health and Environment (DHE) is a trusted advisor to our clients in providing innovative, evidence-driven solutions that contribute to a healthier environment and the health and safety of individuals, families, and communities. We are market leaders in providing policy and regulatory support; advancing public health and clinical epidemiology; providing environmental science, natural resource management, and ecosystem restoration; shaping healthcare policy and health services delivery; responding to mental health and substance use disorders; and studying the criminal justice system. The underpinning of our work is a research-to-practice framework, through which we engage in activities from research to program implementation. DHE provides a dynamic and collaborative work environment to our employees that fosters professional growth and promotes a culture of innovation, thought leadership, technical excellence, and collaboration.
We are currently seeking staff with backgrounds in communications, user experience design, content strategy, visual design, information architecture, web analytics and user research. Candidates should demonstrate a willingness to seek novel technology and design-centered solutions to solve business problems and an interest in client and stakeholder engagement through interviews, workshop facilitation and design sessions. Ideal candidates are inquisitive learners who are interested in applying a design thinking skillset in a team-oriented consulting environment focused on environment and health topics. An interest in working in a collaborative, cross-disciplinary environment that includes analysts, web developers, data scientists, economists and policy specialists is important for this position. Communications expertise in environmental studies or public health is a plus.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop communications-oriented products for federal clients.
- Consult on user experience design strategies with team members and clients.
- Provide content strategy and information design expertise.
- Develop wireframes and prototypes.
- Design and update web content using Content Management Systems (e.g. Drupal).
- Conduct website usability reviews and user research.
- Facilitate workshops and discovery sessions.
- Maintain current knowledge of federal web standards and design systems.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Strong presentation and client engagement skills
- Communications/writing expertise
- UX and graphic design
- Experience with prototyping software (e.g. Adobe XD)
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems (e.g. Drupal)
- Section 508 compliance
- Experience with usability testing and user research
Candidates should provide links to a finished work product or classroom project (e.g. websites or research you worked on and/or a communications product portfolio).
- BA/BS (3 - 5) OR MA/MBA (Entry Level) years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.