GIZ India (Environment, Climate Change and Natural Resource Management Programme) is looking to engage a short term consultant to perform the role of Project Officer at Junagadh, Gujarat.
The consultant has to primarily support the project partners and stakeholders to initiate the project activities as described in the attached terms of reference. The consultant will support on project launch event, scoping studies and liaison with state government and research institutions to facilitate the access to various public schemes.
A. Scope of Work:
• work as the Project Officer and have overall responsibility for the effective and timely implementation of the Strategic Alliance programme and quality of all TA outputs
• guide and coordinate programme with other consultants and partners for completing their tasks with due quality and timeline, ensuring that all will work closely with each other and that all individual inputs are well integrated and complement each other
• liaise with the executing agency (already onboard) and other relevant government line departmets and agencies (rural development, irrigation & agriculture etc.) for the implementation of the project activities specifically related to water, climate change, incomes and knowldge management
• prepare activity flow charts and assignment schedules; ensure the quality and timely delivery of the required deliverables, workshops, and other outputs as set in the activity charts
• prepare geographical information system based plans for climate resilient Integrated Water Resource Management (IWRM) for all the project villages
• provide support to GIZ missions and participate in meetings, conduct field visits, and draft or revise sector-related reports as required
• review and assess national / international practices in IWRM and prepare a report to document best practices on IWRM for ground nut
• review government policies and strategies for IWRM and lessons learned;
• review the constraints in the application IWRM & Agriculture & allied livelihoods options in Junagadh and develop a strategy in coordination with other project partners / consultants
• provide recommendations for water saving technology, improved farm and non-farm incomes and policy incentives;
• review current institutional settings and recommendation for institutional reforms to apply IWRM including capacity building at project locations
• identify public financial sources, including development of proposals for GIZ financing
• supervise training activities and contribute to workshops, seminars, and reports
• prepare inception, interim, and final reports of the project, in coordination with other consultants
• identify best practices and undertake documentation for innovative knowldge management
B. Qualifications / Eligibility for Consultant:
• Post Graduate in Agriculture / Soil Water Engineering / Natural Resource Management / Environmental Science / with minimum of 10 years working experience in integrated water resources management and livelihoods in rural areas of India
• Knowledge of climate vulnerability aspects affecting crop production systems as well as agri value chain, and overall understanding and/or experience of climate change adaptation interventions
• Familiarization with Geographic Information System for developing IWRM plans would be an asset
C. How to apply:
• Interested consultant can submit his/her resume ( ) along with following documents on or before 11th October, 2019.
1. a statement of suitability for this position.
2. expected per day fee
3. a maximum of 2 pages note on any one of the topics given below:
• Integrated Water Resources Management for Peanut crop in Gujarat – Opportunities and Challenges
• Digital services for traceability of the supply chain and extension services for peanut farmers in India
The deadline for submission of application is 11th October 2019.