Program Coordinator (Choose Clean Water Coalition)
For 10 years, the Choose Clean Water Coalition has been responsible for ensuring the coordination of policy and messaging within the Chesapeake Bay restoration community. The Program Coordinator for the Choose Clean Water Coalition will be responsible for managing the operations of and coordination between the Coalition and the Chesapeake Accountability Project (CAP). Created in 2019, CAP is a collaboration between six different organizations, focused on ensuring strong laws and regulations are passed and enforced in service to a clean Chesapeake Bay watershed. This position will coordinate the operations of both the Coalition and CAP and ensure collaboration between the two entities.
The National Wildlife Federation serves as co-chair of the Choose Clean Water Coalition Steering Committee and provides fiscal and staffing support. The Program Coordinator reports to the Director of the Choose Clean Water Coalition and is based in the National Wildlife Federation’s Mid-Atlantic Regional Center in Annapolis, MD.
The Program Coordinator will identify and provide the resources needed to organize internal operations, support the planning and execution of meetings and events, and coordinate the work of both the Coalition and CAP. The Coordinator will also be responsible for supporting the Coalition and CAP’s communications and public outreach work.
This is a two-year position with the opportunity to be extended.
In this role you will:
- Ensure the work of the Choose Clean Water Coalition and the Chesapeake Accountability Project is collaborative and coordinated.
- Implement all logistical work of the Chesapeake Accountability Project, including scheduling meetings, preparing agendas, and relevant documents.
- Manage the internal communications efforts of the Chesapeake Accountability Project, including organizing and maintaining the shared GoogleDrive, listservs, contact sheets, sign on letters, and other internal communications tools.
- Support the external communications efforts of the Chesapeake Accountability Project through the communication workgroup and the creation and rollout of the Chesapeake Accountability Project’s annual scorecard.
- Lead the Coalition’s member engagement and tracking projects. This includes updating and maintaining current contact information, adding and onboarding new members, managing the Coalition’s database, and tracking Coalition sign-on letters.
- Provide support for the logistical planning, coordination and execution of Coalition events.
- Develop content and update the Coalition’s newsletter, blog, website, and social media channels. Provide administrative support for the Coalition’s workgroups by creating annual call schedules, taking minutes, and maintaining the materials in GoogleDrive shared folders.
- Identify opportunities to expand and communicate about the Coalition’s commitment to elevating diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience or equivalent
- Highly organized, detail oriented and able to work effectively under tight deadlines
- Has experience with event planning and coordination
- Demonstrated ability to utilize communications tools to achieve campaign objectives
- Experience managing an organization’s social media presence and knowledge of social media trends
- Interest in water policy and other environmental issues in the Chesapeake Bay Region
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills, including strong copy-editing skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize work, and meet deadlines
Your actions are expected to reflect the staff values of the National Wildlife Federation: collaboration, mindfulness, empowerment, inclusivity, and mission focus.
2-5 days per month throughout the Chesapeake Bay Watershed (New York, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, District of Columbia, Virginia, West Virginia)
Salary Range and Benefits:
This position pays in the range of $45,000 - $50,000 per year. This is a two-year position with the opportunity to be extended.
The Choose Clean Water Coalition is a partner and program of the National Wildlife Federation which offers excellent benefits, including 16 weeks of paid FMLA leave, competitive compensation, and a family-friendly, flexible work environment. We are committed to building a complementary team and strongly support candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
We strive to increase diversity, equity, inclusion and justice (DEIJ) in all elements of our work and with our partners to support the interdependent needs of wildlife and people in a rapidly changing world. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
If you have a disability and require an accommodation or assistance with our online application process, please tell us how we can help by calling us at 703-438-6244.
Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume.
If you meet more than 75% of the qualifications of this description, we support your application. If selected, a background check will be conducted.