Director (WASH Program)
Operation Blessing (OB) is providing safe water solutions all around the globe! To help tackle the water crisis, OB has a multifold approach that includes deep water wells, community water systems, chlorination projects, water filters and catchment systems to provide solution for families and communities whose water sources are unsafe and polluted or who have limited access to a safe water source. With each project, OB teaches proper hygiene and sanitation to communities according to standards recognized by the United Nations and World Health Organization.
OB is seeking an experienced WASH Director to provide strategic leadership and technical direction for its international Water, Sanitation and Hygiene program. This professional will collaborate with OB leadership and sector managers located in Virginia Beach and in our international centers for program expansion and reach. The goal of this position is to further develop and implement high-quality WASH programming to improve public health outcomes. This individual will also direct the activities and professional development of U.S. and international staff in the WASH sector.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required in international relief and development, engineering or business, plus related professional work experience (master’s degree preferred).
- Professional Engineering license in Civil Engineering or Mechanical Engineering, and/or Project Management Professional certification (preferred).
- Leader with minimum 10 years’ experience designing and leading WASH programming in the developing world (preferred).
- In-depth knowledge/expertise in WASH programming including evidence-based best practices.
- Strong relational and networking skills with demonstrated ability to supervise matrix teams.
- Significant experience engaging with donors and fundraising teams (preferred).
- Strong experience and proven skills in working effectively across cultures to advance priorities and achieve change, in situations without direct authority.
- Strong leadership skills with ability to motivate others, maintain open relationships and resolve conflict.
- Ability to navigate coordination efforts with government agencies and non-government organizations (NGOs).
- Strong ability to assess resources, plan, track, and report project status and outcomes.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Excellent research, problem-solving, and analytical skills to include strong reporting and documentation.
- Ability to take initiative, be innovative, and work independently, as well as function as a team player.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office to include, Excel and Project.
- Strategic thinker with excellent logistics and decision-making skills
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task and perform well in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to establish effective rapport with all levels of management and outside public.
- Flexible with ability to work well under pressure and consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 30% of the year.
Operation Blessing is a non-profit humanitarian organization working in dozens of countries every day to bring relief to those who are suffering. OB provides strategic relief on an ongoing basis through core programs such as disaster relief, health and medical care, hunger relief, vulnerable children and orphan care, safe water, and community development. Headquartered in beautiful Virginia Beach, VA, OB offers a professional and rewarding work environment, competitive salary, and full benefits package. If you meet the listed qualifications and are in agreement with OB’s mission and purpose, please submit an application online.