Graduate Civil Engineer (Water - Infrastructure)
At Arup, we design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services. Independent in ownership and spirit, we're a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts who use our skills to make a positive difference in the world.
We help the world manage its water. The successful design, development and maintenance of our water infrastructure requires the integration of many disciplines. Arup's water team has wide-ranging skills spanning advisory and specialist technical services. We consider the commercial, economic, environmental and social implications of projects. Key areas we work in include: asset management, climate change studies, catchment science and management, dams and reservoirs engineering, flood risk management and integrated drainage modelling and network rehabilitation. Other key areas of work include natural flood management, river and waterway engineering, wastewater infrastructure and treatment, water resources management and water treatment and supply.
We aim to offer a complete service, resulting in a team that collaborates with a broad range of other Arup services, and in partnership with clients. Our teams also work closely with many external bodies involved in the delivery of major projects.
As one of the world's leading building and infrastructure design consultancies, we offer clients the innovation and technical know-how to continually deliver their projects on schedule and on budget, but without compromise.
Are you interested in a career in Water?
Right now we're looking for graduates to join our team of bright professionals across several of our UK offices. From your first day, you'll join an unrivalled community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification.
You'll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you'll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we'll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
The person is expected to have a good understanding of Design calculations and would often be using specialist software such as ISIS, infoworks, microdrainage, AutoCAD and GIS software. Experience of design projects would be beneficial.
You will provide support to team members to deliver an effective and professional service to our clients. Due to the multi-disciplinary nature of our design teams, you will have the opportunity to work alongside experts.
We're looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical knowhow.
We're looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Ideally a Masters in Civil or Environmental Engineering (or equivalent) at 2:1 or above, although a BEng at 2:1 or above will also be considered
- Studying, or have studied, an ICE accredited course
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Office and demonstrate an ability to learn new software within a working environment that utilises 3D design and digital automation
- Some experience with coding languages would be an advantage
- Enthusiasm for a career in Water, underpinned by a knowledge and understanding of our sector and work
- Have an analytical thought process
- Seek to improve existing ways of working, by finding efficiencies in processes
- The aptitude to work on your own initiative and be proactive
- Able to start September 2020
Arup offers extensive opportunities for your personal and career development and:
- A competitive salary and settling in allowance
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive benefits package, including a flexible benefits fund and highly competitive pension
- An interesting and varied workload
- The opportunity to work on international projects
- Technically challenging projects that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Opportunities to work abroad
- A supportive and friendly team, based in an excellent working environment
- Mentorship and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
Does this role sound of interest to you? Please find further information below:
Assessment centres will take place from December 2019, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible so you don't miss out on this exciting opportunity.
Our Graduate Welcome Week will take place in September 2020. Although we can be flexible on start dates we would hope that the successful candidate will join their peers for this event.
Please note that we are unable to offer Tier 2 visa sponsorship for this role. Therefore you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered.