Graduate Climate Change Consultant
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference to the world. Arup Digital combines innovative digital solutions and processes with our domain expertise across the built environment.
Arup's Advanced Digital Engineering group comprises over 300 advanced engineering, digital and project consultants, bringing together a seamless combination of digital and data-related capabilities with Arup's traditional engineering and design strengths. We use this to solve our clients most complex challenges and help them respond effectively to the fast-changing digital world. We combine advanced digital expertise in data, models, analytics, and user centred design, with world-class specialist engineering skills such as advanced dynamics, vibration and wind engineering, climate science and circular economy business strategy, as well as digital advisory services, mobility consulting and digital product design and delivery.
We support Arup's longstanding commitment to work on the most interesting and innovative projects by using the right modelling, data, technology and automation capabilities to redefine the built environment with our clients. We provide digital advisory services that focus on working with clients on their digital strategy, design of new services, systems and assets, and helping deliver working solutions along with the development of new analysis tools and other cloud enabled digital services for clients.
Are you interested in a career in Climate change?
Right now we're looking for a Graduate to join our team of bright professionals in our London Office. From your first day, you'll join an unrivalled community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification.
The climate change team are looking for a graduate consultant who wants to develop skills across all areas of the business. This includes but isn't limited to:
- climate change impact and risk assessment
- adaptation and resilience strategy development
- circular economy business model development and design strategies
- carbon and greenhouse gas emissions assessment
- carbon and greenhouse gas reduction advice
We're looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical knowhow.
You should be an innovative problem solver, someone who thinks ‘outside the box' and who is able to communicate ideas and solutions. You'll have a positive and forward-thinking approach and enjoy working as part of a friendly and supportive team. Projects will be diverse and the ability to multi-task and manage your workload is important. You should be keen to learn and develop your skills as you gain experience in new areas of work.
You'll apply your knowledge to the different sectors, markets and geographies we work across helping us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you will have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we will give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
We're looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Degree level qualification in Engineering, Environment or Eonomics-related course (ideally a 2:1 or equivalent) and/or post-graduate qualification in previously mentioned subjects.
- Enthusiasm for a career in Climate change, underpinned by a knowledge and
- Understanding of our sector and work
- Experience in reading and interpreting legislation and standards
- Desire to work in multidisciplinary teams as projects often require coordination with other colleagues, institutions and clients to deliver projects around the world.
- Strong and proven track record of delivering robust and high quality work
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to plan own work and to consistently meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Analytical thought process
Arup offers extensive opportunities for your personal and career development and:
- Opportunities to work on international projects
- A competitive salary and settling in allowance
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive benefits package, including a flexible benefits fund and highly competitive pension
- An interesting and varied workload
- The opportunity to work on international projects
- Technically challenging projects that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Opportunities to work abroad
- A supportive and friendly team, based in an excellent working environment
- Mentorship and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
Does this role sound of interest to you? Please find further information below:
Assessment centres will take place from December 2019, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible so you don't miss out on this exciting opportunity.
Our Graduate Welcome Week will take place in September 2020. Although we can be flexible on start dates we would hope that the successful candidate will join their peers for this event.
Please note that we are able to offer Tier 2 visa sponsorship for this role.