2020 UK Graduate Water Sector Analyst
What will you be getting up to?
We provide strategic water sector services to a wide range of clients in the UK and internationally including water utilities, regulators, governments, multilateral and commercial lenders and research bodies.
We help our clients to understand their existing water infrastructure assets and plan how best to meet the needs of their customers in the future – whether evaluating specific assets and projects or longer-term investment programs covering whole regions and nations.
We cover the whole water cycle from identifying new water resources for growing cities to delivery of safe and sustainable water and wastewater services to customers as well as recovery of resources and energy from the resulting wastewater. We understand the risks and challenges to the water sector from sources such as climate change, population growth and customer needs – as well as the potential opportunities provided by emerging technologies and approaches.
Working with our specialists you will develop an understanding of the whole water sector, from the function of its physical infrastructure components through to the way it is constructed, operated, financed and regulated. You will use this understanding to analyse situations, systems and information, to identify risks and opportunities and hence possible strategies and options. You will then use your new skills to evaluate the optimum solution for your client – considering technical, social, environmental (including carbon) and cost criteria.
We are looking for flexible and motivated graduates with a genuine passion for the water sector, in the UK and internationally, and a desire to make a difference in the world. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald.
To apply for this scheme, you will have less than 12 months experience and have achieved a 2:1 or above in engineering, geography, chemistry or economics at undergraduate level, followed by a master’s in water policy or other water related course.
When you apply you will be asked to choose which sectors you are applying for; your sector choices should reflect where you are passionate about starting your future career. You should be able to demonstrate your interest in your chosen sector through relevant experience, such as studying relevant modules, or previous work experience.
We are looking for graduates with the following characteristics:
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail and be able to demonstrate good report writing skills
- Ability to undertake analysis using spreadsheets or other analytical tools and approaches.
Equality, diversity and inclusion:
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at
and we will talk to you about how to help.
we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy focused on guiding our clients through many of the planet’s most intricate challenges. By challenging norms, we’re committed to making a positive contribution to the wellbeing of our staff as well as the environment, communities, and market places in which we operate.
From the moment you join us, you’ll receive the training you need. You will be assigned a chartered mentor, who will guide you to meet the objectives of your professional training agreement. We’ll also support you on your journey to gaining chartered status with your chosen institution such as;
- Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) or the Chartered Institute of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM)
What else is involved?
With our innovative graduate development portal, you will be able to effectively track and plan your personal and professional development online.
You’ll be enrolled onto Accelerate Your Future, a three-year programme which develops your strengths, it also gives you the opportunity to network and meet other graduates in your cohort. The programme is a mix of residential events, classroom-based learning, virtual webinars and business challenges.
We understand that each person’s career goals vary, therefore we tailor make each individual’s development programme to suit them. With our vast library of e-learning courses available to you, you can choose which direction you want your career to go in.
You’re probably wondering what else is on offer. Join us, and you’ll get:
- Biannual salary reviews: we believe that hard work should be rewarded and recognised. Therefore, for the first three years of your career with us, you’ll have biannual salary reviews.
- A competitive salary: in addition to biannual reviews, we will ensure that you’re given a salary that matches the current industry standard.
- Contributory pension: we have the best people on our team and we like to look out for them. With our support, you’ll have all the advice and options you need to be able to invest in your future.
- A flexible benefits scheme: our company is made up of a range of different people and we understand that different people want different things. That’s why with our flexible plan, you’ll have the ability to manage the range of benefits we have on offer, to suit your specific needs.
** Application deadline is the 10 November 2019 **