Australia nationals: Water Science Officers
- Exciting opportunity for Water Science Officers to join a dynamic and high performing team
- Two temporary full-time roles until the end of February 2020, NSW location negotiable
- Generous remuneration package. Salary from $90,661 to $113,859 plus super
Our Water Branch is currently seeking two water science officers to join their Water Science team. These positions are in water quality and in ecohydrology.
As an Ecohydrologist you will undertake examination of stream or riparian ecology health including survey design, analysis and reporting for the purpose of informing water management policy and planning in NSW. The role includes critically analysing, interpreting and communicating results of hydrological and ecological studies to inform internal and external stakeholders, as well as developing policies and best-practice science to contribute to the continual improvement of water resource management in NSW.
As the Water Quality Officer you will review and analyse water testing results and information to inform the NSW Government’s water reform and water policy agendas. You will undertake water quality assessment and reporting to deliver timely and effective outcomes in natural resource management. You will also liaise with external providers to maintain the flow of information and engage stakeholders with a range of interests given changing technical, policy and scientific developments.
To learn more about these roles, please click on the following role descriptions:
To be successful in both these roles you will be highly motivated with strong communication and stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to manage your own workload to balance competing demands and priorities within tight timeframes. You will also need strong research, analysis and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail.
For the Ecohydology role you will need:
- Ability to collaboratively plan, design and undertake investigations to progress current ecological evaluation and reporting practices
- Tertiary qualifications in ecohydrology, in ecology, ecological engineering, environmental science or a related discipline
For the Water Quality Officer role you will need:
- Demonstrated experience in water quality evaluation and reporting, and undertaking science research activities
- Tertiary qualifications in natural resources, environmental science, engineering or a related discipline
How to apply
Applicants must address their suitability by supplying an updated copy of their resume and a brief cover letter that outlines your relevant skills and experience. Please indicate which role/s you would like to be considered for in your cover letter.
Applications close Sunday, 13 October 2019 at 11:55PM
- For enquiries related to the Ecohydrologist role please contact Patrick Driver, A/Lead Ecohydrologist on 0427 406 949
- For enquiries related to the Water Quality Officer role please contact John Brayan, Water Quality Specialist on 02 8838 7898