Partnership Communications Manager (HSBC)
Want to use your skills in partnership communications to play a vital role in making clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone everywhere?
Join WaterAid as our Partnership Communications Manager - HSBC to change normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good. On top of that you'll be joining a 2018 Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation.
You will play a crucial role in developing and delivering the WaterAid communications strategy for the HSBC partnership and manage the relationship with communications teams at HSBC and the other NGO partners.
In this role you'll develop and deliver a communications strategy for the final stages of the HSBC partnership from 2017 to 2020 and ensure the legacy of the HSBC Water Programme.
This is a 6 months fixed contract, full time.
This will include:
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders notably from the Corporate Partnerships team and the Communications teams across all of our members to ensure we maximise opportunities across all channels
- Planning and delivering, high profile communications activities that engage audiences in inspiring and innovative ways to ensure we maximise opportunities from the partnership in the final stages of the partnership term and beyond.
- Planning and managing a six-figure budget for communications.
- Acting as a brand guardian for the partnership.
- Working with the film and photo teams to provide a regular flow of case studies and stories from our work.
- Identifying issues which could potentially damage WaterAid's or HSBC's reputation and recommend actions to mitigate this risk including media lines to take.
- Work closely with the policy department to find cross-working opportunities in relation to sustainable development.
- Evaluating and reporting on progress and success of activities and devising end of programme reporting and communications activities.
- Working closely with communications teams from HSBC, Earthwatch and WWF on multilateral communications projects, including events and publications.
- Managing the communications workflow of the Partnerships and Communications Officer
- Seeking strategic opportunities to communicate with audiences.
To be successful, you'll need:
- Solid experience developing and implementing communications strategies which engage a wide range of stakeholders.
- Experience of project management at a strategic level,
- Commercial acumen and proven experience of delivering communications activities.
- Organised and thorough approach to planning and managing projects, suppliers and budgets.
- Ability to manage and prioritise a busy and varied workload.
- Accurate written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Confidence and experience in effective stakeholder relationship management.
- Ability to generate and develop creative ideas, with a good eye for brand, design, film and photography.
- Knowledge of latest communications trends across a range of channels.
- Ability to work well independently and collaboratively as part of a team to drive results and successful outcomes.
- Good knowledge of story gathering and storytelling, ideally with experience of managing film and photography trips.
- Ability to work varied hours, including occasional evening and weekend commitments.
To see the full job pack, please click 'Apply'
WaterAid benefits include:
- 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Option to buy an extra 5 days annual leave
- We offer a generous pension plan with employer contribution of up to 10%
- Flexible working conditions, including the opportunity for part-time work and home working up to 2 days a week
- Season Ticket Loan
- Free annual eye tests
- Pay as You Give charitable giving scheme
- Enhanced Maternity and Adoption/Surrogacy pay, Shared Parental Leave and Paternity Leave.
- Volunteer Day
We are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
Please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter.
Shortlisting and interviews may take place on a rolling basis and the application process will close if a suitable candidate is found prior to the advertised closing date. Please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. Applications will close one minute before midnight on 25th October.
Salary £38,000 with excellent benefits.
WaterAid is fully committed to protecting those with whom it comes into contact in WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority, and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct.
We will conduct the most appropriate preemployment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained. WaterAid is an equal opportunities, disability-confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality. Should you have a disability and require any additional support, please contact us at