At Unitywater, we operate in a diverse and inclusive environment where no two days are the same. We provide essential water supply and reliable utilities services to the Moreton Bay, Sunshine Coast and Noosa regions that account for 16% of Queensland’s population. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do, and we are proud to service our communities with smart and environmentally sustainable practices.
About the role:
As the Principal Digital Engineer, you will establish and control the governance of all operational technology systems and provide technical support to operational, maintenance and project teams. Additionally, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining operational technology strategies, change strategies and be instrumental in delivering Unitywater’s strategic approach to transforming operational data into intelligent insights for smart water and waste water networks.
To contribute to Unitywater’s values of Reliability, Safety, Honesty & Integrity, Efficiency, One Team, Innovation, you will demonstrate the following skills and qualities for the role:
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, coupled with significant experience specialised in managing operational technology systems.
- RPEQ accreditation or the ability to gain accreditation within 12 months.
- Solid business acumen, with the ability to apply a business lens to technical areas and to translate technical terms into non-technical language.
- Demonstrated ability in solution architecture, providing thought leadership and guidance
- Strong understanding of operational technology (OT) from a design, implementation and run perspective
- Excellent understanding of OT Cyber security principles, risks and controls
- Experience developing, implementing and managing standards and procedures in multiple platforms, Industrial Control Systems and Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) environments
- A strong understanding of advanced technologies, technology frameworks and related risk implications
- Strong knowledge and experience in all aspects of electrical, and instrumentation and control systems including PLC’s, VSD’s, Telemetry, SCADA and Plant control systems.
- Ability to operate on an on-call roster.
Working at Unitywater:
Unitywater is one of the largest employers in the region, offering continuous investment in training, diverse career paths, health and wellness benefits, flexible work arrangements and a rewarding environment. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment that supports individuals to reach their full potential.
We know that we are smarter, better, together. That’s why we are committed to working in a team that includes values the unique contributions of all our people. Unitywater actively encourages candidates with all abilities and diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to apply:
Applicants will need to demonstrate eligibility and right to work in Australia and successfully complete relevant pre-employment checks, including verification of criminal history, drivers licence and driving history, alcohol and other drug screening.
Applications close: Sunday 13 October
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date
For further information or to request the position description for this role, please contact the Careers team at