Graduate internships ‘exploring the water world of Arcadis’
Wat ga je doen?
Arcadis is looking for motivated graduate students within the water department of our organization.
Within the water department, we are working on a lot of different projects and subjects. For Arcadis, ‘water’ means much more than water alone. We work on developing solutions that also benefit nature, the landscape, residential and commercial areas, the environment and the climate. Our dedicated consultants and specialists provide advice on water matters every day, both in The Netherlands and also abroad. We offer our clients solutions and services in the field of coasts and rivers, water management and rural development, water cycle, ports, offshore and waterways & constructions.
We are looking for graduate students specific for the teams that are working on projects related to ports & waterways, rivers, coast and sea and water safety.
We have a variety of topics under the following themes:
- Hydraulic loads on structures
- Water and energy
- Design for adaptive Delta management
- Economic use of waterways
- Flood protection
- Digital applications
We are also open for your own ideas within the specified themes.
You will pick up your graduate research with a supervisor from Arcadis.
Would you like to help us with topics like these? You can read the requirements for this graduation position below.
Wat vragen wij?
For this graduation internship we are looking for students with the following competences:
- You are in the end of your bachelor or master study Civil Engineering, Hydraulic Engineering, Geo Engineering, Water Management, physical geography, physical oceanography or something similar at a university level.
Further important details are:
- Most of our documentation is written in Dutch so professional reading and writing knowledge of the Dutch language is required;
- You can work on your assignment at the nearest office (they are all located next to NS stations), at a workplace at the University or from home;
- Period that the research must be carried out: end of 2019 or first part of 2020.
Do you recognize yourself in these requirements? We are looking forward to receive your motivation letter and CV. Please mention in you motivation letter which topic you prefer and what kind of question you would like to work on.