Regional Manager (ASCEND)
It's hard to believe that today 844 million people do not have clean water and 2.3 billion do not have a decent toilet - around one in three of the world's population. Every two minutes a child under five dies from diarrheal diseases caused by poor water and sanitation.
WaterAid is looking for a Regional Manager - ASCEND (in Ghana, Liberia, Niger, Sierra Leone or where WaterAid has an office in West Africa) to play a vital role in our mission to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere by 2030.
Working within the West Africa Team, the Regional Manager - ASCEND will:
- Support collaborative Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) /Neglected Tropical Disease (NTD) platforms at national and regional level, among others
- Support partners in developing, implementing and sharing effective, efficient and inclusive project plans
- Responsible for contract management, programme management delivery and quality of services and budget management on the programme.
To be successful, you'll need to:
- Have University degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, International Development or related field
- Experience of programme management, campaigning and advocacy
- In depth understanding of Advocacy for Water Sanitation and Hygiene issues, opportunities and challenges
- Be fluent in English and French Languages
- Fully committed to WaterAid's vision, mission and values and a way of working that demonstrates this, with the ability to communicate this enthusiasm to others.
We started because no NGO like us existed. We'll end when no organisation like us is needed. In the meantime, we're making great progress - since 1981, we have reached 25 million people with clean water and, since 2004, 24 million people with sanitation.
We're looking for people who share a commitment to our vision. We're looking for people with an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges.
In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community. You will also experience stimulation and fulfilment, the chance to grow, and space to be yourself at your best. This is our pledge to you.
Click on 'Apply' to download the job description.
If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, send your application, consisting of a letter of interest and a CV to , using Application for Regional Manager-ASCEND post as the subject of the email.
Please note: to apply for this role you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in any of the West African countries listed.
WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority, and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate preemployment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained. WaterAid is an equal opportunities, disability-confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We particularly encourage applications from women who are underrepresented at this level in the organisation.
Only candidates shortlisted for interviewing will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date for applications.
No recruitment agencies please.