Water Policy Analyst
At Concurrent Technologies Corporation (CTC), we are committed to assisting government, industry and nonprofit organizations achieve world-class competitiveness. In carrying out that mission, we recognize that our employees are our most important asset. Our organization has been recognized continually as an exceptional place to work. Visit us online at www.ctc.com for more information.
Are you ready to make a difference in your career and be recognized as a corporate innovator with a respected national reputation for solving complex technical challenges? Become a part of our team. CTC has an opportunity for a qualified Water Policy Analyst in Arlington, VA.
WATER POLICY ANALYST
Primary Responsibilities: Concurrent Technologies Corporation (www.ctc.com) CTC is seeking a highly motivated and qualified candidate to support our DoD clients in the areas of installation utility infrastructure and water programs. The ideal candidate would have knowledge of DoD energy and water programs, and proven experience in developing policy, overseeing program development and working with management tools and databases. The successful candidate must possess a proven ability to work with and understand technical concepts, while also being able to communicate them to a broad audience. The ideal candidate will need to be self-motivated and a quick learner with strong research and writing skills. Some travel may be required. The selected candidate will:
- Assist with the growth and development of a coordinated water resources management approach for the US Air Force, with a focus on energy and water security/resilience issues.
- Develop programmatic strategy and recommendations; conduct research and analysis; develop and conduct training; draft presentations, information papers, and articles; and synthesize reports on the topics of water resilience and utility infrastructure.
- Support ongoing energy/water assurance efforts, with the objective of translating those processes and lessons learned into a combined energy and water assurance framework
- BA/BS in Engineering, Environmental Science, Political Science/Public Policy or related field along with 6 years relevant experience
- At least 5 years of proven experience and knowledge of energy and/or water resilience issues, policies, and programs;
- Willingness and ability to set priorities and deliver under tight deadlines in a heavy workload setting
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work in teams, and establish and maintain cross-functional and working relationships
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Capability to independently initiate and manage tasks, with a high degree of detail and process orientation
- MA/MS in related field with at least 4 years experience
- Knowledge of Air Force structure and operations
- Utility and/or water policy/regulation development, implementation, and/or oversight at a federal level, preferably within the Department of Defense, the Department of Energy, or the Department of Homeland Security
- Demonstrated understanding of managing and providing oversight for evaluating utility systems and utilities management and policy (e.g., water management) analysis and decision documents and post-award oversight.
- Understanding of hydraulic modeling and its relationship to risk-based decision making
- Ability to analyze data inputs and for developing, coordinating, maintaining and publishing water and utilities evaluations
- Demonstrated experience in conducting expert training (e.g. hydrological sciences, water scarcity, water rights, etc.).
- Interest in Systems of Systems analysis and its application to energy and water security
Clearance: U.S. citizenship required. The candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain the appropriate US Government clearance and Common Access Card (CAC) for this position. Preferred Active Secret Clearance.
Join us! CTC offers exceptional career growth, corporate values, educational opportunities, and recognition for quality work. We have a competitive salary and benefits package. Qualified candidates should submit their resumes online at:
Reference Code: SR#2019-0082