Sanitation Lead (Karnali Water Security Activity (KAWAS))
Winrock is seeking a qualified Nepali candidate to serve as Sanitation Lead for an anticipated USAID-funded project in Nepal to create healthy, resilient, and water secure communities at the watershed level through strengthened water and sanitation governance that improves water resource management (including water for ecosystems), enhances sustainable access to drinking water, improves agriculture water management, and promotes fecal sludge management. The Sanitation Lead will manage sanitation content and activities for the project, including fecal sludge management, reporting to the Deputy Chief of Party. This position is contingent on receipt of donor funding.
- Develop and implement project’s sanitation strategy.
- Develop and implement integrated sanitation plans for small towns in Karnali Water Basin.
- Oversee dry bed fecal sludge infrastructure construction.
- Develop and modify as necessary the technical work plans and budget.
- Coordinate activities with other agencies and closely collaborate with key staff on implementing activities.
- Ensure technical compliance with USAID rules and regulations.
- Ensure women and marginalized groups are integrated into sanitation activities as beneficiaries.
- Work closely with Winrock’s project management staff in the US to ensure effective, timely and coordinated project implementation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of a Masters Degree (or foreign equivalent) in engineering, construction management, urban planning, international relations, or other directly-relevant fields (a bachelor's degree and at least 12 years' experience may be substituted).
- At least 7 years of experience in donor-funded project management of which at least 5 years' experience with technical and/or operational issues related to fecal sludge management.
- Experience in management roles on complex contracts for USAID is strongly preferred.
- Experience working in Nepal required.
- Demonstrated competence in negotiation and communication.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Financial management skills and experience.
- Sound knowledge of international donor contracts, financial and accounting regulations and procedures, particularly USAID contract regulations.
- Ability to build coalitions and networks that can provide synergies and sustainable solutions for the project.
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software (Microsoft).