Senior Consultant, Climate Change & Circular Economy
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Climate Change Consultant to join our Advanced Digital Engineering group (ADE), within the Climate Change Consulting team in London.
We are looking for an individual to support our growing portfolio of projects, focusing on emerging cross- cutting topics and help embed them. These include:
- consumption-based foot printing methodologies;
- circular economy business model development and design strategies;
- climate change impact and risk assessment;
- adaptation and resilience strategy development;
- carbon and greenhouse gases (GHG) emissions assessment;
- carbon and GHG reduction advice
Working across sectors, markets and geographies and with academics, colleagues and clients to deliver these services, making use of the latest digital techniques including machine learning and bespoke scripting in python.
You will be joining a small but growing team of specialists, who form part of the ADE Group which comprises over 300 enthusiastic staff (based in offices in London, Solihull and Manchester) working on a wide variety of research, consultancy, analysis and design work for major projects and clients within the infrastructure, buildings, cities, transport, energy, water sectors in the UK and abroad.
Skills/Experience required for the role
We require the successful candidate to be able to demonstrate the below:
- Experience in design, construction and research environments
· Experience of driving change in organisations
· Excellent qualitative and quantitative research and analysis skills.
· Excellent report writing and communication skills.
· Good working knowledge of international, European and UK policy, legislative, regulatory and planning frameworks.
· Business development including input to bids and proposals and client relationship
Potential candidates are likely to be able to demonstrate experience in some of the following areas:
Climate change mitigation consultant
- Experience of undertaking assessments of GHG emissions.
- Experience of developing climate change mitigation and emissions reduction strategies.
- Experience of applying circular economy principles to deliver tangible changed outcomes on projects, in businesses or in policy;
Climate change adaptation and resilience consultant
- Experience of undertaking climate change impact and risk assessments
- Experience of developing climate change adaptation and resilience strategies
- Theoretical understanding of the climate system and formulation of climate change and meteorological models
- Experience of applying downscaling techniques for the generation of future climate change scenarios
- Experience of work in a climate change impact sector, e.g. flood risk or heat impacts
- An appropriate degree and post graduate qualification, with extensive experience within the climate change or environmental sector.
- Should be Chartered or working towards Chartership with an appropriate institution.