Executive Director (Meadows Center for Water and Environment)
The Director of The Meadows Center for Water and the Environment will report to the Chief Research Officer and Associate Vice President for Research and Federal Relations and will be responsible for direct oversight and management of the Center. The Director serves as a primary liaison from the Center to the University, surrounding community, and the state of Texas. The Director will lead personnel and budget management, policy formation and implementation, and strategic planning to meet the goals and values of the university and The Meadows Center for Water and Environment.
A complete application will consist of an official Texas State University online application, resume, and cover letter. Interested candidates should demonstrate in their application packages how they meet the minimum required qualifications as listed below:
• A doctorate in Geography, Environmental Sciences, Water Resources or related disciplines.
• Strong leadership qualities.
• Familiarity with natural resource issues, water institutions, surface and groundwater law, and policy on the national, state, and regional levels.
• A record of expanding relationships and partnerships between centers/institutes and
university academic units, industry, non-governmental organizations, and state/federal governmental entities.
• Demonstrated success in operations, finance, and business management skills in a
multidisciplinary center and/or research unit environment.
• Evidence of successfully obtaining philanthropic funding and/or research grants.