EDF Action Intern (Political Affairs)
EDF Action is the advocacy partner of Environmental Defense Fund. With a dedicated team of lobbyists, political strategists and communications professionals, we build strong, bipartisan support for transformative environmental protections. By cultivating unlikely political support and mobilizing an army of concerned citizens, we work toward revitalizing our fragile wetlands, keeping toxic chemicals out of our homes and bodies and delivering climate change solutions big and small.
This person will help EDF Action staff, including helping to promote EDF Action work through external communications channels as well as preparing funder materials.
Tasks will include but are not limited to:
· Assist with drafting of press materials like releases, advisories, blogs, social media, and communications research;
· Work with communications department to create and maintain press lists;
· Tracking relevant news articles and all public communications from targeted campaigns, including press releases, e-mails, TV and radio ads;
· Preparing materials for funders, partners and other key stakeholders.
· Special events planning, preparation and implementation.
· Compile and write background research on candidates and races.
· Provide general office support as needed.
· Applicants for internships should be enrolled in a relevant undergraduate or graduate program, such as political science, economics, or public policy—with a preference towards someone who can commit working full-days.
· Experience working in congressional office, political campaign, or advocacy environment
· High degree of professionalism
· Strong organizational and analytical skills
· Strong writing and verbal communication skills
· Proficient in Adobe suite a plus
· Ability to work in fast-paced, collaborative work environment, and easily adjust to changing needs and schedules.
10 to 12 weeks during the Fall
Full-time (35 hours/week) or part-time (20 hours/week) opportunities available
This internship would involve either compensation for hourly work paid at a rate competitive with leading non-profits or academic credit. Students are encouraged to seek academic credit through their college/university and EDF will ensure that any and all paperwork needed to secure academic credit is completed.
To be considered for an internship with the Environmental Defense Fund’s Legislative team, please apply by submitting your resume and cover letter. In your letter please describe your interest in advocacy campaigns and/or energy and climate policy, whether or not you are able to work for class credit and/or note any work-study or grant money you will be able to provide.