Evaluation of WaSH, Protection and Livelihoods response to the crisis in Iraq
We are looking for individuals’ consultants or independent firms. to process the Evaluation of WaSH, Protection and Livelihood response to the internal conflict and protracted displacement in Iraq funded by GAC
What we are looking for
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF EVALUATION
This GAC-funded project will end on December 2019 and external final evaluation is planned to take place between October 2019 and December 2019. Its objective is to assess the learnings from project design and project implementation, from our work with partners and communities, with a special interest in lessons learned from the multi-year nature and gender mainstreaming of this humanitarian intervention. The scope for examination is determined using OECD-DAC criteria for evaluating humanitarian action. Relevant criteria are associated with a number of key questions (under section 5) that are to be addressed and explored.
▪ To assess the design, planning, delivery and management of the project by Oxfam and its partners in accordance with Oxfam Programme Standards, Minimum Standards in Emergencies, IASC Gender Marker and Oxfam Minimum Standards for Gender in Emergencies;
▪ To identify and assess key internal and external factors that have contributed, affected, or impeded the achievements of the project, and how Oxfam and the partners have managed these factors;
▪ To assess how the project has impacted upon the protection of the target and affected the population and contributed to a reduction of factors of vulnerability;
▪ To draw key lessons and learning from the project and make recommendations that will help inform Oxfam’s formulation and design of future projects that will benefit the Iraqi displaced, host and returnee communities affected by the current armed conflict.
▪ To assess the effectiveness and efficiency of a multi-year project on refugees and on Oxfam and its partners.
Primary users of the evaluation findings are Oxfam and partner management and staff, GAC, and other actors directly involved in the implementation of the project.
This role will give you an opportunity to make a difference in Humanitarian assistance and resilience building in North Iraq, to act as key contributor to the monitoring processes for the Oxfam activities funded by GUC, to work with a group of passionate people that are specialists in their fields etc, training and development, offers fair pay and competitive benefits package.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation. All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to apply
Interested candidates may apply through the given email address below. Please see the attached TORs for details EOI and other information needed for application submission.
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty. That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty.
Oxfam GB is a member of international confederation of 19 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.