Development & Communications Coordinator
Eagle River Watershed Council seeks a development & communications coordinator to work collaboratively with our staff and board to raise funds and community awareness for our mission-driven programs. This is a newly created position for our growing nonprofit. The ideal candidate will be able to persuasively communicate our impact to a wide variety of audiences using various resources, including our website, social media, printed materials, grants, donor letters, ads, and more. The coordinator will guide, develop and implement a communications and fundraising strategy. The coordinator will report directly to the executive director and, as we are a small organization, will work closely with the rest of the team.
- Work closely with the executive director to develop/implement a fundraising plan.
- Coordinate all annual fundraising campaigns, including the annual appeal, membership campaigns/renewals, email campaigns, special events, the annual report, and more.
- Track and recognize donor activities (gifts received, communication, event attendance, etc.).
- Serve as the point person for the donor/member/volunteer database (Salesforce)- Maintain/update records, track communication, pull reports.
- Cultivate and foster donor/member relationships.
- Establish a grant calendar and draft/submit grant requests and reports.
- Represent the Watershed Council on Eagle County Gives collaborative and manage our Colorado Gives Day activities.
- Work closely with the education and outreach coordinator to edit/publish the monthly enewsletter.
- Write and submit timely press releases for each Watershed Council event and project.
- Develop/manage event & project marketing plans & materials (posters, advertising, social media posts).
- Expand and manage the Watershed Council’s social media accounts/activities.
- Maintain a library of photos and text/copy describing Watershed Council events, projects, and the like.
- Develop and maintain a supply of branded marketing materials for the Watershed Council.
- Manage the relationships with local media- newspaper/radio/TV.
- Maintain and update the Watershed Council website and blog.
- Develop and coordinate committees to further job initiatives as appropriate.
- Provide support as needed to the executive director, Board of Directors and staff/consultants.
- Share in the responsibility of maintaining the office/workplace.
- Take on other duties as assigned.
Specific Skills Desired:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two years minimum experience in a nonprofit or communications role.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Passion for fostering collaborative relationships and facilitating conversations among diverse communities.
- Grant writing, journalism, or related writing skills with an attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and social media.
- Familiarity with email marketing platforms (such as Vertical Response), WordPress, and databases.
- Graphic design skills a plus.
- A willingness to learn and expand skills as necessary.
Personality that will thrive in this position: A people person that is enthusiastic about sharing their passion for river protection with those around them. A persuasive communicator in both writing and conversation/public speaking. A self-starter with a positive outlook, good organizational skills, attention to detail and a clear focus on priorities. A creative, forward-thinker who enjoys working with diverse community stakeholders, board members, and donors. A hard worker who is able to ask for direction and collaborate as part of a team, while also embracing autonomy on assigned projects. An enthusiastic individual with a sense of humor.
Other Details: Full-time salaried position. Typical business hours with some evening/weekend events. Flexibility available. Compensation commensurate with experience. Retirement plan; health insurance benefits; paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave; wellness (ski pass, health club, etc) reimbursement. Work requires some physical exertion such as walking, standing, lifting (up to 50 lbs), carrying, or similar activities, sometimes in inclement weather.
How to Apply: Send a cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Eagle River Watershed Council, please visit www.erwc.org