REQUEST FOR A WASH PROGRAM PROPOSAL
charity: water is seeking proposals from qualified organizations for a comprehensive WASH program to be implemented in any rural zone of India in a 12-month timeframe starting August 2020. Any proposal should include improved access to drinking water in all communities served along with accompanying sanitation and hygiene work as needed. As a prerequisite, any applicant organization should have an annual budget of at least $2,500,000 USD for the 2019 calendar year for the India country program, with a minimum of $1,000,000 USD annual budget dedicated to providing access to clean drinking water services.
We invite you to submit a brief preliminary proposal for charity: water’s 2020 - 2021 funding year. We use proposals to evaluate the quality of proposed programs and their alignment with our funding goals and model.
2. ABOUT CHARITY: WATER
charity: water is a nonprofit organization based in New York. We are devoted to providing access to clean, safe water along with sanitation and hygiene services for people in developing countries.
We’re committed to sustainable, impactful programming on the ground. In order to achieve this, we invest in comprehensive water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) interventions with outstanding partner organizations. In 2020, we plan to support implementing organizations who have been fully vetted and whose proposals have been approved at the end of our review process, subject to availability of funds.
charity: water has been working in India since 2008. We are looking to expand in the country by partnering with high quality, growing WASH organizations.
4. PROGRAM STRATEGY REQUIREMENTS
- Your organization should have significant experience implementing high quality water projects in the sector and the region.
- All project sites should be in communities or schools in rural or semi-urban areas.
- All projects should be geographically consolidated as much as possible and align with the partner’s larger WASH strategy. All project areas should have minimal risk of infrastructure damage due to flooding or natural disasters.
- Your organization should have minimum annual funding of $2,500,000 USD, in 2019. In 2020, your organization should be able to effectively implement a quality $1,000,000 charity: water WASH program.
- charity: water’s funds can be used to provide improved sanitation and hygiene for communities or schools that have a demonstrated need for support. However, funds may not be used exclusively for sanitation and hygiene. Any sanitation and hygiene work must also be completed in communities or institutions where access to drinking water is also being improved.
- The average cost per daily water user should remain below $50 USD. Please note that this is a guideline based on other India programs project costs. Some flexibility is possible to ensure high quality implementation and materials.
- All water systems should be tested for water quality (including for arsenic, salinity, fluoride and e.coli).
5. DOCUMENTS FOR SUBMISSION OF PROPOSAL
- Each submission to charity: water should consist of the following document:
A completed Brief Program Proposal Document (template attached)
6. ADDITIONAL REPORTING AND FUNDING REQUIREMENTS
- If your program receives funding you will be expected to submit a full narrative and budget proposal, quarterly reports and a completion report. Our completion report require a GPS coordinate and a picture of each water point.
- charity: water only supports in country costs. charity: water cannot support international expenses.
- Proposal Due: September 30th 2019
- Request for Full Proposal: October 15th 2019
- Proposal Finalized/approved: April 30th 2020
- Signed Grant Agreement: July 1st 2020
*These dates are subject to charity: water raising any or all of these funds
8. SUBMISSION OF BRIEF PROPOSAL
- Last day of submission – September 30th 2019
- Email submissions only:
All applications from organizations with budgets over $2,500,000 will be reviewed.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.