If you are a young motivated individual, who is looking for work experience with a reputed organisation on various projects related to sanitation and other development topics in association with prime development agencies and national governments. As a Programme Officer, you should be willing to travel extensively in India and abroad for work.
Nature of association: Contractual (extendable)
Location: Kolkata (India)
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences/Engineering/Planning and a Master’s/PGDM degree in Development Studies/Public Policy and Governance/ Water and Sanitation (WASH)/Social Work or relevant subjects.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills in the English language with a capacity to communicate/interact effectively with audiences of different levels.
- A high level of working knowledge and skills in computers with the ability to use and depict data in Excel, PowerPoint and other relevant software effortlessly.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to be a good team member.
- A positive and flexible work attitude.
- You must be willing to relocate to Kolkata.
- Experience in the Development Sector preferred.
You will primarily be part of the Program function at the Foundation which includes aspects of program development, knowledge management and communications.
You will work with all the team members of CLTS Foundation on matters related to program coordination, training and management. This would include communicating and coordinating with different stakeholders, attending meetings/workshops and compiling minutes of the meetings, workshop reports etc.
You will be responsible for drafting and sending email responses where and when appropriate and proposing solutions for responses. Some of these responses would be sent to senior officials and bureaucrats of state governments and Government of India (Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation) as well as international donors and development organisations. Hence, a very high level of professional communications skills is expected.
You will work with the team on activities related to program, research and development which would include data collection, data analysis and report writing. The candidate will be expected to undertake desk research as well as fieldwork to fulfill the assigned tasks.
Involve yourself in working with the team to develop concept notes on different thematic areas of intervention as well as develop presentations and talking points for workshops and conferences in which the Foundation members would participate.
Developing write-ups, blogs, articles on the different programs the Foundation is engaged in to be promoted on different media such as the website or social networking sites.
Coordinating and organizing events, workshops and conferences which are either convened or hosted by the Foundation or those in which the Foundation participates. Developing themes and design for the various sessions of workshops and conferences as part of the process.
You will work with the Chairman in assisting him with his writings and other academic functions as and when required which will include blogs, articles, books and presentations.
You must develop strong, positive relationships with all relevant stakeholders on behalf of the Chairman and the organisation.
You must carry out any other duties either in addition to or instead of those outlined above which may reasonably be required from time to time.
Salary: As per Industry Standards
Reporting: The selected candidates would work with and report to the Chairman at CLTS Foundation.
You must mention the name of the post in the Subject field when you send your applications. We do not accept hard copies.
You must send the following documents as a single file saved in your name to
- Cover Letter specifying key educational, professional achievements and personal motivation
- Curriculum Vitae (not exceeding 2 pages)
Job Email id: cltsfoundation(at)gmail.com