The Global Interfaith WASH Alliance (GIWA) a strategic initiative that is engaging the planet’s many faiths as allies in an effort to create a world where every human being has access to safe drinking water, improved sanitation and proper hygiene. GIWA’s mission is to ensure a world where improved water, sanitation and hygiene are within reach of every human being. The organization was founded through the inspiration of H.H. Pujya Swami Chidanand Saraswati at the Parmarth Niketan Ashram in Rishikesh, India. GIWA believes that lasting change can only be realized through an integrated approach that includes behaviour change advocacy, education, access to resources, and policy advocacy. The GIWA team works with faith leaders, government agencies, non-profits, and international organizations to create real and lasting change.
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing several proejcts under the GIWA umbrella and will work closely with the Secretary-General of the Global Interfaith WASH Alliance.
This is a full-time position that will be located at Parmarth Niketan Ashram in Rishikesh, India.
Responsibilities and Duties:
A. Project Development and Execution
- Assist in the definition of project scopes and objectives
- Develop detailed project plans to monitor and track progress
- Maintain a list of projects and initiatives with current status and timelines for next steps.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure resource availability and allocation throughout projects
- Track project performance to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Manage changes to project scopes, project schedules and and project costs
- Report and escalate to management as needed
B. Relationship Management
- Manage relationships with all stakeholders, including clients, third parties/vendors and others as requested by Secretary-General
- Develop project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members
- Assist in the identification and recruitment of key project partners and vendors
- Meet with clients to clarify requirements and communicate project progress
C. Measurement and Reporting
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Define approaches and tools required to measure project performance
- Develop reports, as needed, for donors and other key stakeholders
D. Special Projects
- Perform research on an as needed basis to augment projects or develop grant proposals
- Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency
- Use and continually develop leadership skills
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- 3-5 years proven experience working in project management
- Experience managing field-based projects in a non-profit or humanitarian organization, with prior experience managing WASH projects highly preferred
- Professional-level verbal and written communication skills, in English; Hindi language fluency and writing skills prefered
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Proven ability to develop and manage timelines, budgets, and personnel associated with project implementation
- Proven ability to deliver projects on time and on budget, even when handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication and collaboration skills, with knowledge of working environment in India or similar countries
- Confidence and capability to take initiative and develop strong relationships with other team members, peers, and managers
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field of study
This is a full-time postiion; located in Rishikesh, India; candidate must be willing to work flexible hours between the hours of 7:00AM and 9:00PM. Remuneration based on candidates experience and expertise. Remuneration can also include room and board at the ashram.
If interested, please send CV and cover letter to Rena Pathak at /">
Cover letter must be written IN ENGLISH and explain why you are interested in this position as well as the skills and experience you have that you can apply to the role. APPLICATIONS WITHOUT COVER LETTERS WRITTEN IN ENGLISH WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
The deadline for the receipt of applications is 11:59 p.m. Sunday, September 15, 2019