WASH Market Officer
We are currently recruiting for a WASH Market Officer to join our Amudat and Kaabong team at the Uganda Office.
The WASH Market Officer will be responsible for improving household and community access to WASH products and services in project supported geographies using Market based sanitation approach to expand WASH products and services presence in the districts of Amudat and Kaabong The position will also identify and mentor WASH-related businesses within his/her districts of responsibility. The staff will be responsible for developing and conducting market and business trainings, monitoring business performance and will provide strategic direction and technical management for the planning and implementation of WASH-related project activities. The position will ensure the quality and documentation of key WASH market related interventions and approaches. The position will be responsible for ensuring all deliverables related to WASH marketing activities are delivered in a timely fashion and key lessons learned and best practices captured.
In order to be successful you’ll bring/be:
- A bachelor’s qualification in a discipline related to entrepreneurship, business administration and marketing or other WASH related field. Experience could substitute for a formal qualification, but not vice versa.
- At least 2+ years of direct experience in WASH demand creation activities and Social Marketing preferably focused on hygiene and sanitation promotion.
- Thorough knowledge of Market based sanitation approach.
- Proven skills in computer programs (Word, Excel; minimum)
- Excellent skills in report writing and meeting dead lines
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard. We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a cover letter and up-to-date CV with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. Please visit our website for a copy of the full Job Description: https://www.uganda.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.