External Affairs Associate
YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
The External Affairs Associate plays a key supporting role to the Water Security Europe Program Director, to assist with all aspects of Program development, including conducting research to enable positioning the Program, establishing partnerships with local actors for developing work on the ground, assisting with preparation of budgets and reporting, supporting with mobilization of additional funding.
The External Affairs Associate conducts research and policy analysis, builds and facilitates internal and external networks, coordinates meetings, agendas, and presentations, and conducts other activities in support of the Water Security Europe Program Director and the Water Security Europe Program as a whole as it develops. The External Affairs Associate help to develop strategic partnerships with relevant agencies, conservation organizations, and industry to advance The Nature Conservancy’s conservation agenda. They coordinate and implements internal initiatives such as organizational knowledge management, internal procedures, internal networks and project coordination. This position will report to the Water Security Europe Program Director.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Provide research and policy analysis in support of legislative, corporate and/or policy priorities, with a particular focus on supporting place-based work in the United Kingdom, Spain, France and Germany as well as global priorities relative to mobilizing investments in nature-based solutions for water security.
- Provide assistance with preparing funding proposals, both for public and private funders, and establishing partnerships that enable growing the Water Security Europe Program.
- Provide assistance with preparation of program materials including presentations, memos, and other internal and external communications.
- Supervise and interact with administrative staff and/or volunteers, interns, contractors or temporary staff.
- Financial responsibility which may include developing and working within a budget, processing check requests, and completing travel expense reports.
- Works independently, working with supervisor on complex matters as needed.
- Makes independent decisions within the scope of work assignments
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years related work experience or equivalent combination.
- Fluency in English; Fluency in French, German, Spanish and/or Portuguese would be desirable.
- Experience researching information from divergent sources and compiling it into a cohesive reporting structure.
- Experience writing and editing promotional and informational material.
- Experience presenting to and communicating with internal and external audiences.
- Experience working with partners/government agencies.
- Experience interacting with senior leadership in a professional manner.
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural experience appreciated.
- Experience coordinating complex projects in a decentralized organization, working across teams, operating units and functions to achieve optimal results.
- Experience building networks, facilitating informational sessions, increasing internal knowledge and capacity, and identifying key stakeholders.
- Experience, coursework, or other training in public policy, government relations, business, or sustainability.
- Self-starting, independent worker who can thrive in a decentralized organization with minimal oversight.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Some supervisory experience.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to position number 47938, submit resume (required) and cover letter separately using the upload buttons. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on August 29th.
Click “submit” to apply for the position or “save for later” to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited. Failure to complete required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration.
If you experience technical issues, please refer to our applicant user guide or contact .