Team Leader: Water & Sanitation
Leading a Water supply / Wastewater Technical Assistance team, based in Cairo, taking management responsibility for team activities and ensuring that all TA team members perform their tasks to the required standard:
- Advise and assist in all aspects of water and sanitation services delivery assessment
- Advise and assist in designing wastewater systems
- Manage preparation of detailed engineering designs and associated contract and procurement documents
- Manage implementation of construction works/procurement plan;
- Preparation of capital investment plans,
- Develop and implement overall Program capacity building plan and materials;
- Maintain liaison with relevant stakeholders and agencies
- Take overall responsibility for preparing a consolidated annual work plan and budget
- Develop a Project Implementation Manual as a set of guidelines for project implementation
- Take charge of implementation and supervision of project quality control system;
- Supervise and update the project monitoring and evaluation system
The Team Leader must have Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent qualifications, a Master degree or PhD would be an advantage.
They should have at least 20 years of professional experience in water and sanitation and in international development projects.
The Team Leader should have a proven track record in leading large consultancy projects, in project/programme management, technical advisory services and experience with capacity building and institutional reform.
Experience in the Middle East/North Africa is an advantage, as well as knowledge of Arabic
Mott MacDonald is committed to improving people’s lives through creating and delivering tailored development solutions. We work in developing countries to alleviate poverty, establish good governance, and increase access, capacity and resilience in healthcare, education, water, sanitation, transportation, infrastructure and renewable energy – while safeguarding the environment and promoting human rights and gender equity.
To strengthen our water and sanitation international development team
we are looking for an experienced Water/wastewater Team Leader who can lead a project based Technical Assistance team in Egypt, taking management responsibility for team activities and outputs and ensuring that all TA team members perform their tasks to the required standard.