Infrastructure Finance Advisor, Water Sanitation and Hygiene Finance (WASH-FIN) Program
Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Infrastructure Finance Advisor candidates for the USAID-funded Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Finance (WASH-FIN) program.
The Infrastructure Finance Advisor supports the efforts of the Senior Infrastructure Finance Advisor to lead the development and implementation of financing strategies for water and sanitation infrastructure development across the eight countries that compose the WASH-FIN portfolio. The Infrastructure Finance Advisor reports to the Senior Infrastructure Finance Advisor. The Infrastructure Finance Advisor supports the Senior Infrastructure Finance Advisor in the delivery of all WASH financing activities and tasks.
The Infrastructure Finance Advisor will accomplish the following tasks:
* Serve as the primary technical backstop for one WASH-FIN portfolio country, either directly providing or sourcing the technical support required for the country team to deliver high-quality work in accordance with its annual workplan. This may additionally include directly supporting the management of any subcontractors and consultants used to deliver services in the country;
* Travel to the Technical backstop country 2-4 times per year to facilitate the smooth implementation of technical activities. Travel to additional WASH-FIN portfolio countries as needed;
* Travel frequently to WASH-FIN portfolio countries to facilitate the smooth implementation of technical activities. Travel to other locations for strategic purposes (i.e. conferences, study tours, etc.) may be required on occasion.
As directed by the Senior Infrastructure Finance Advisor:
* Support the implementation of current technical activities and design of any new activities to mobilize finance for water and sanitation service delivery in support of WASH-FIN counterparts in Africa and Asia;
* Support the engagement of host country government counterparts, WASH service providers, financial institutions, and development partners to advance infrastructure finance initiatives in support of WASH-FIN project objectives;
* Support the management of the primary WASH-FIN subcontractor, Open Capital Advisors, by participating in ongoing oversight of their work and the review of contract deliverables;
* Review technical work prepared by other specialty subcontractor advisors as required;
* Support the design of engagements for short-term technical consultants (international and local) by drafting clear and well-organized scopes of work and supporting their effective management as required.
* M.S. or M.A. degree in development economics, finance, business administration, urban planning, public administration, civil engineering, or other relevant field;
* Strong written and verbal communication and quantitative and financial analysis skills;
* A minimum of two, preferably four or more years of experience in infrastructure finance (water and sanitation preferred) or local (municipal) governance and public finance in Sub Saharan Africa and Asia, including project finance, utility reform, creditworthiness improvement, financial underwriting, fund development and/or transaction advisory;
* Experience either working on technical assistance projects which can demonstrate success in mobilization of finance from a variety of sources for infrastructure and public or private service delivery, including water supply and sanitation, or in the direct structuring of project finance transactions on behalf of a developer or financier;
* Familiarity with the structuring of blended finance transactions, financing facilities, and credit enhancements;
* Previous experience in developing excellent collaborative working relationships with counterparts, implementing partners, international organizations, development and private finance institutions and donors;
* Foreign language skills of any of the WASH-FIN portfolio countries, especially French and/or Portuguese, desired.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* Reference List
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted. Deadline for applications is September 6, 2019.