15 PhD positions in the EU Horizon 2020 Marie Skłodowska-Curie Project InnovEOX
Applications are invited for 15 PhD positions (“Early Stage Researchers”) to be funded by the Marie-Sklodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network “INNOVEOX – Training of a new generation of researchers in Innovative Electrochemical Oxidation processes for the removal and analysis of micro-pollutants in water streams” within the Horizon 2020 Programme of the European Commission. INNOVEOX is a consortium of high-profile universities, research institutions and companies located in Belgium, Germany, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, France and Greece.
It has been demonstrated that organic chemical pollutants are still putting half of the European freshwater system at risk. The INNOVEOX R&D training network was built to address and provide a solution for this considerable challenge: to boost innovative electrochemical wastewater treatment techniques to effectively degrade highly hazardous organic micro-pollutants, reducing environmental pollution and improving the European quality of life and health. By setting up a training frame to educate the next generation of highly-qualified ESRs in one of the most promising fields in micro-pollutant degradation, this will enable to generate important innovations, necessary to create a new level of EU excellence and reinforce EU R&D capacity in the field.
The main INNOVEOX R&D objectives are:
- the exploration of alternative electrochemical oxidation pathways via generation of different oxidative radicals,
- the development of combined photocatalytic/electrochemical oxidation techniques,
- the development of novel analytical approaches for the separation and identification of these micro-pollutants and their degradation products, and
- an assessment of the effects of the developed treatments on the aquatic toxicity, biological wastewater treatment and the environment as a whole via a life cycle assessment.
These objectives combined will ensure a high-quality training with a high-societal impact for the reliable, economic and complete removal of priority pollutants from wastewater. Pushed by an interdisciplinary & intersectoral consortium of 10 leading beneficiaries and 7 partner organisations, the proposal will offer innovative training based on an optimal balance between research and formal training.
- 10-08-2019: Start date for on-line application
- 06-10-2019: Deadline for on-line application
- 31-10-2019: Circulation list “preselected candidates”
- 21-11-2019 (date to be confirmed): Recruitment event in Leuven, Belgium
- 01-01-2020: Targeted starting date for ESR contracts