Mercy Hands for Humanitarian Aid (MH) is nongovernmental nonpolitical nonreligious international humanitarian organization, founded in 2004 in Baghdad, Iraq, with a goal to save lives and preserve human dignity. Mercy Hands’ headquarters is in Baghdad and it has a regional office in Erbil and twelve field offices in eleven Iraqi governorates and in North East Syria. Mercy Hands is governed by a board of directors, and the highest executive body in Mercy Hands is the Executive Administration, which is headed by the Executive Director (ED) and is composed of: General Administrator, Director of Finance, Regional Coordinator for Center and South of Iraq (RCCSI), MEAL Manager, Regional Coordinator for North of Iraq (RCNI), Regional Coordinator in Jordan, and Regional Coordinator in Europe. Mercy Hands is currently active in the following humanitarian sectors: food security, logistics, WASH, population monitoring and assessments, livelihood, protection, education, community development, health, and media. Mercy Hands has three well established programs departments: Emergency Response and Recovery; Protection; and Community Development. For more information, please visit Mercy Hands website: www.mercyhands.org.
In the organization structure of Mercy Hands, the WASH Specialist will work in the Emergency Response and Recovery Department and will directly report to the Director and Deputy Director of the department.
CONTRACT AND STARTING DATE
Full time employment, one year contract, renewable. Position to be filled ASAP.
WASH Specialist will be based at the HQs in Baghdad, Iraq. There will be frequent visits to Erbil and the field.
- Provide general WASH technical oversight and support needs to ongoing and future WASH programming;
- Provide technical inputs and assist partners to develop and maintain strong technical approaches, systems and structures.
- Analyse current and future programs taking into account priority public health risks, minimum appropriate standards, community empowerment, gender equity and social inclusion.
- Write and develop WASH proposals
- Conduct regular and ad hoc field visits as requested by the directors
- Review and edit narrative reports of WASH projects.
- International profile with excellent command of English; Arabic is an asset;
- Experience in humanitarian work, preferably in the region;
- Experience in WASH, project management, team management, and strategic planning;
- Able to work under pressure;
- Flexibility and initiative;
- Ability to work in and manage a team;
- Networking skills;
- Ability to collaborate and inspire diverse groups of people and organizations.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your CV with a cover letter explaining why you are suitable for this position to email@example.com. Please state the job title in the subject line: WASH Specialist Application 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.