The Jal Bhagirathi Foundation is implementing integrated community-based water resource management projects in Rajasthan.
JBF is looking for a Project Manager, able to assume primary responsibility for daily project management - both organizational and substantive matters – budgeting, planning and general monitoring of the project.
Our work environment is challenging, sometimes tough but at all times rewarding. New ideas on how we operate, address challenges and communicate solutions are an essential aspect of the job. We look for colleagues excited about making a visible difference and able to use the creative space we provide. Our reputation for excellence and impact has made us a member of key water-related forums at state-, national and international levels. We have the distinction of being India’s first and only Governor on the Board of the World Water Council which is the largest global water forum.
The Project Manager will build and lead a project team of grassroot workers and community volunteers in the villages of the project area located in the Thar Desert of Western Rajasthan. The Project Manager will supervise the field team to implement project activities that address the drinking water crises and sanitation.
Specific tasks of the Project Manager include:
- Assume primary responsibility for daily project management - both organizational and substantive matters – budgeting, planning and general monitoring of the project;
- Assume overall responsibility for the meeting financial delivery targets set out in the agreed annual work plans, reporting on project funds and related record keeping;
- Assume overall responsibility for reporting on project progress vis-à-vis indicators in the log-frame;
- Providing leadership and building a motivated project team for efficient delivery of project targets
Desired Candidate Profile
- Professional Degree at least at Master level in a subject relevant to the development objectives of the project. Fluency in written and spoken Hindi and English is essential.
- Professional Experience of at least 10-15 years in development projects, or in other contexts comparable to the requirements of the position. In particular experience in grass-root project management in rural areas.
Candidates with less than required experience will not be considered for this position.
Remuneration will be based on evaluation of management skills with enormous opportunities for individual career growth.
Last Date and address for applications
Last date of applications is 30th August 2019. All applications should be sent with a covering letter to the email address: /"> .