Feasibility Studies for the Lesotho-Botswana Water Transfer Multipurpose Transboundary Project
Sectors: Water & Climate Change
Project ID No.: P-Z1-EAZ-048
1. The Orange-Senqu River Commission (ORASECOM) received financing from the African Development Bank (AfDB) towards the cost of the Preparation of a Climate Resilient Water Resources Investment Strategy & Plan and Multipurpose Project for the Orange-Senqu River Basin, and intends to apply part of the agreed amount for this Grant to payments under the contract for the preparation and/or undertaking of:- Feasibility Studies for the Lesotho-Botswana Water Transfer Multipurpose Transboundary Project.
2. The services under this call for Expressions of Interest (EoI) are for Individual Consultants (IC) to constitute a Panel of Experts to support ORASECOM in the review of deliverables from the combined Pre-feasibility and Feasibility Studies for the Multi-purpose Trans-boundary Water Project, the Lesotho-Botswana Water Transfer (L-BWT) Project, that intends to convey about 136 million m3 of water per year, through a pipeline of about 712 km, from a new dam to be constructed on Makhaleng River in Lesotho, to Lobatse in Botswana.
3. ORASECOM now invites eligible Individual Consultants (ICs) to indicate their interest to provide the services. The required ICs include: (i) Senior Dam / Hydraulic Engineer, (ii) Senior Water Resources / Hydropower Engineer (Team Leader), (iii) Senior Environmental Specialist, and (iv) Senior Development and Institutional Economist.
4. The interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services, providing in their CVs, and clearly demonstrating that they meet the minimum qualifications, and indicating in their CVs the description of similar assignments/projects (in technical complexity, extent/transboundary nature, project size, etc.), experience in similar conditions and experience in the region, among others. Previous technical advisory role will be an added advantage. The Consultants shall work on specific tasks as individuals and at times as a team, sharing information and providing advice to ORASECOM as may be requested from time to time.
5. Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the AfDB's Procurement Policy for Bank Group Funded Operations dated October 2015, which is available on the Bank’s website: http://www.afdb.org.
6. The expected period for providing the services is ranging from September 2019 up to August 2020, on selected time periods (man-days inputs) as will be requested from time to time during the period of undertaking the combined Pre-feasibility and Feasibility Studies for the Lesotho-Botswana Water Transfer Project.
7. The interested Consultants may obtain or request electronically, the Terms of Reference, at the address below during office hours: 09:00 to 16:00 hours, Pretoria Local Time.
8. Expressions of interest must be received by email at the address below, not later than Friday, 23rd August 2019 at 15:00 hours, Pretoria local time, specifically titling the submission “Individual Consultants – Panel of Experts For The Lesotho-Botswana Water Transfer Multipurpose Transboundary Project”.
To the attention of: The Executive Secretary
269 Von Willigh LN, South-East Cnr Von Willigh LN & Lenchen Avenue,
Entrance Von Willgh LN, Ground Floor, Block A, Corporate 66 Office Park,
Centurion, South Africa.