Water Resource Research Assistant
This position is limited to current SDSU employees.
South Dakota State University Agriculture and Biosystems Engineering Department is offering an exciting career opportunity as a Water Resource Research Assistant. This is a 12 month, full-time, benefit-eligible, hourly position. This position is supervised by the Water Resource Engineer.
SDSU is especially interested in candidates that can contribute to and/or coordinate course offerings that address the experiences of underrepresented minorities in organizations. Women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
Research project protocol and experimental procedures, project implementation, ensuring research data is accurate, reliable and uninterrupted; graduate and undergraduate students are well trained in research protocol, safety and how to appropriately conduct research; keep all research equipment properly maintained and in good working order; ensure that research sites and labs are presentable and organized; work with faculty to produce newsletter articles and press releases for Water Resource Institute; update website; develop databases for Water Resource Institute data; organized information and data that is readily accessible and compliant with government funding requirements.
• Bachelor’s Degree completed by first day of employment in a Science or Engineering Field;
• At least one year of experience in Environmental Research
• Ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Demonstrated organizational and time management skills;
• Strong interpersonal skills;
• Ability to work as a contributing team member;
• Demonstrated use of technology in laboratory and field settings;
• Demonstrated ability or potential to plan, develop, implement, and evaluate research projects and results;
• Valid driver’s license, or ability to obtain one within 30 days of hire, and willingness to travel.
• Master’s degree in a Science or Engineering Field by first day of employment
• Previous Lab Management experience;
• Demonstrated experience with laboratory and field protocols;
• Demonstrated experience in equipment maintenance;
• Demonstrated collaboration in developing funding proposals to support new and/or enhanced programming;
• Experience in publishing Outreach materials, extension materials, and peer reviewed publications.
South Dakota State University offers a wide range of benefits including medical, dental, and flexible benefits, retirement plans, compensation packages, paid holidays, and vacation leave. Employees also have access to internal and state-sponsored training as well as reduced tuition for state-supported courses at all State of South Dakota academic institutions.
This system will guide you through the electronic application form. This employment site will also require the attachment of a cover letter, which should specifically address how the candidate meets the qualifications as outlined in the advertisement, resume, and a reference page with the contact information for three professional references. Email applications will not be accepted. Please contact SDSU Human Resources at (605) 688-4128 if you require assistance with this process.
Any offer of employment is contingent on the university’s verification of credentials and other information required by law and/or university policies, including but not limited to, a criminal background check.
South Dakota State University is a tobacco free environment.