Water Education for Latino Leaders (WELL), established in 2012, is on a mission to educate local Latino elected officials on water policies to promote timely and equitable actions that ensure a robust economy, healthy communities, and a resilient environment for all Californians. WELL hosts annual conferences, regional workshops, and fellowship programs to educate elected leaders on the most pressing water issues in California.
Program Manager Position Description (PM)
The Program Manager reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for leading, managing, and evaluating WELL’s educational programming, including annual conferences, regional workshops, andWELL UnTapped. The Program Manager is responsible for the engagement and recruitment of elected officials to WELL events. This includes leading all outreach strategy, event tracking, and coordination of event details. In addition to recruitment events, the PM is also responsible for directing research on water policy and relevant issues involved in the educational programming of WELL events. The PM will also be involved in the design and planning of event content and fellowship curriculum. As such, the selected candidate must have a complete understanding of WELL’s mission, goals, target groups, and approaches.
Staff supervision: The Program Manager will recruit, hire, train, supervise and evaluate all program staff and interns. The PM will lead a team of Program staff to implement all WELL educational programs.
Beyond ensuring the success of WELL’s programs, the PM candidate will:
- Lead and direct all Communications between WELL’s Executive Director, Advisory Board, Contractors, and NationBuilder database of WELL members and strategic partners, such as newsletters, social media, brochures, one-pagers, flyers and reports
- Maintenance of electronic database of WELL constituents, allies, and members
- Writing, editing, and overseeing external communications
- Assist during solicitation with WELL funders
- Work successfully with our Strategic Partners: NALEO, Contract Cities, and League of Cities
The ideal Program Manager will have excellent verbal and written communication skills with good research practices and a keen attention to detail. The candidate must possess the ability to prioritize projects and have strong problem-solving skills. Finally, the ideal Program Manager will have good customer service skills with a professional demeanor, and be able to work independently.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 2-5 years of experience in related field desired
- Strong computer aptitude and high level of proficiency with Google Docs, Microsoft Office software, NationBuilder, and Certify experience a plus
- Willing to travel within and out of California
Commensurate with experience and other qualifications; estimated range is $48 – 55K per year with benefits.
How to Apply
- Applications will be received until the appropriate candidate is selected.
- Submit Resume and Cover Letter electronically to careers @latinosforwater.org
For more information about WELL, visitwww.latinosforwater.org
Water Education for Latino Leaders, a project of Community Partners®, is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. In addition, the organization will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $48,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year