Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Senior Hydrologist to join our Water Resources team in Montreal. Reporting to the Water Management and Treatment Manager, the Senior Hydrologist will be responsible for working with the existing group in Hydrology, developing specific business opportunities as well as supervising and mentoring younger Hydrologists.
The Senior Hydrologist will lead and support a wide variety of projects such as surface water resources projects, including watershed management, development impact evaluations, hydraulic and hydrologic analysis, infrastructure design (hydraulic structures such as dam structures and storm water management systems), run-off studies, precipitation and extreme event analysis, catchment regime and flood evaluation, natural channel design, and flood line mapping.
- Develop business within the hydrology area of the Water Resources Team (which includes Hydrology and Hydrogeology), provide direction and mentorship on complex hydrological projects;
- Manage the hydrology team;
- Provide technical expertise as well as support and oversee hydrological designs, proposals and reports;
- Lead critical delivery meetings;
- Coordinate with project managers and other discipline leads to manage project deliverables, ensuring schedule and budget are achieved;
- Identify and develop new business opportunities and support the technical component of business development materials;
- Collaborate with other departments, environmental regulators and Wood offices on project related work;
- Oversee and conduct a wide variety of hydrological assessments and development projects
- Participate in Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Policies, Procedures, Standards and Guidelines in the execution of all work.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in water resources, or Hydrology or Civil or other related discipline. Masters is an asset;
- 10 years of relevant experience (preferably mining, industrial);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French – proficient in English language an asset;
- Experience managing employees;
- Must be proficient in analytical and modelling techniques and have a thorough understanding of the water regime associated with all stages of project development and operation;
- Must be experienced and can demonstrate successful writing of proposals and work plans;
- Must have project management skills with ability to track timelines, meet budgets and schedules;
- Have software experience (or equivalent) in: (HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, SWMM, MIKE Flood, both steady-state and dynamic, including dam breach, ArcGIS and AutoCAD) is an asset;
- Previous consulting experience is preferred;
- Currently registered (or is eligible) with the Quebec Professional Engineers Association (OIQ);
- Able to travel to various project sites as needed.