Wastewater Consultant (Associate Level)
ERM is seeking a Wastewater Consultant to join our Performance & Assurance technical team in Raleigh, NC. The successful candidate will work on a variety of technically challenging projects for clients in the aerospace, pharmaceutical, and industrial manufacturing sectors throughout North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia with increasing responsibility for task/project management duties.
This is an excellent career opportunity to work with an expert consulting team on challenging projects for large industrial and global clients. Access to ERM's national Performance & Assurance experts provide knowledge sharing of best practices across the industry and ongoing learning opportunities for our team.
- Provide technical assistance on water treatment and wastewater treatment projects including developing treatability studies and evaluating wastewater treatment technologies.
- Provide on-site engineering support at client facilities including troubleshooting existing treatment systems.
- Development of engineering plans (Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams, Layout Drawings) and equipment specifications (equipment sizing, bill of materials)
- Prepare wastewater discharge permit modifications for submission to local, State, or federal permit authority.
- Provide oversight for installation, testing, startup, and training at client sites.
- Manage multiple projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Prepare technical proposals and participate in business development with existing clients and identified leads. Maintain client relationships that generate repeat business.
- Communicate with clients, ERM employees, and vendors.
- BS in engineering, environmental science, or related discipline; MS a plus.
- At least 5 years of water and wastewater permitting, design, installation, testing, startup, and training.
- Familiarity with USEPA and State-specific environmental regulations and understanding of environmental permit application processes.
- Experience managing budgets for projects including equipment vendors and subcontractors.
- Experience managing subcontractors for skilled labor (electrical, plumbing, rigging, programming, etc.)
- Strong MS Office computer skills; advanced understanding of PowerPoint, Excel, and Access desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; experience writing comprehensive technical reports and standards.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed.
- Professional registration desired, or motivation to obtain.
Who We Are:
As the world’s leading sustainability consulting firm, ERM is uniquely positioned to contribute to the environment and society through the expertise and energy of our employees worldwide. Sustainability is what we do, and is at the heart of both our service offerings and how we operate our business. ERM and our partners are driven by a dynamic vision: By 2021 we will be the clear leader in our chosen markets, we will double in value and we will deliver on our promises to our clients, our people and our investors. For our people, our vision means attracting, inspiring, developing and rewarding our people to work with the best clients and on the biggest challenges, thus creating valuable careers. We achieve our vision in a sustainable manner by maintaining and living our ERM values that include Accountability, Caring for our People, Client Focus, Collaboration, Empowerment, and Transparency.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Qualified candidates will be contacted by email, and requested to complete a video questionnaire. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!