Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. We go the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. With a team of 4,300 national staff 300 international staff, ACTED is active in 35 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 11 million beneficiaries. More on www.acted.org
ACTED in Syria :
Since 2012, ACTED has been implementing projects with vulnerable communities in Syria with a two-fold approach: ACTED provides life-saving support to vulnerable displaced persons, returnees, and host communities across Syria, through multi-sectorial rapid emergency services, and implements a wide range of resilience building interventions. Thus, ACTED has been able to strengthen its links with Syrian local communities and to develop an in-depth knowledge of local dynamics. A team of 900+ is currently working in Syria.
Key roles and responsabilities :
- Develop overall project implementation strategy, systems, approaches, tools, and materials.
- Organize project kick-off and close-out meetings.
- Plan the various stages of project implementation and set direction by prioritizing and organizing activities and resources to achieve project objectives.
2.Project Implementation Follow-up
- Oversee and manage the implementation of the project ensuring that technical quality and standards are considered and respected during project(s) implementation.
- Organize regular project coordination meetings with project team.
- Ensure budget utilization and physical target achievements are reviewed at least once a month as per work plan.
- Ensure project implementation is on time, target and budget, using effective M&E systems to reach desired impacts Terms of Reference – Project Manager January 2016.
- Ensure that the project is implemented in accordance with relevant ACTED technical guidelines and standards.
- Anticipate and mitigate risks and trouble-shoot any unforeseen challenges during the project implementation.
- Regular update the work plan, output tracker, PMF and other documents relevant for effective project management.
3.Administration and Operational Management of Project Implementation
- Review the BFU(s) and provide accurate forecasts with BOQs.
- Forecast monthly cash requirements of the project and submit to AC.
- Contribute to the development of Procurement plans.
- Send accurate and precise order forms in a timely manner.
- Contribute to quality checks and procurement committees to finalise suppliers’ selection according to applicable scenario.
- Confirm quality of material selection if and when applicable.
- Ensure a proper management and use of the project assets and stocks.
- Plan team movements based on available fleet and applicable policies.
- Participate in the recruitment of technical staff (development of organigrams, ToRs, elaborating the tests and reviewing them; interviews etc).
- Ensure that project staff understand and are able to perform their roles and responsibilities.
- Follow-up the work plans and day-to-day activities of the project staff.
- Manage the project staff in cooperation with Area Coordinators.
- Ensure a positive working environment and good team dynamics.
- Undertake regular appraisals of staff and follow career management.
- Manage interpersonal conflicts.
- Ensure capacity building among staff in relevant sectors.
- Ensure project records and documents (Flat files, beneficiary list, donation certificates, attendance sheets etc) are adequately prepared, compiled and filed according to ACTED procedures.
- Ensure staff awareness of, and respect of, ACTED’s code of conduct and FLATS procedures.
- Ensure that each member of the project team is aware of security issues, policies, SOPs and they follow them accordingly.
- In cooperation with the relevant Security Officer, monitor the local security situation and inform the Country Director or Area Coordinator and Country or Area Security Officer of developments through regular written reports.
- Contribute to the updating of the security guidelines in the project area of intervention.
- Support, facilitate or undertake communication and liaison activities to actively consult and involve beneficiaries, key informants, actors, partners and stakeholders in all stages of project design and implementation.
- Cultivate good relations with key humanitarian actors – local and international, including government authorities and non-state actors, through regular attendance at technical meetings and bilateral meetings.
- Ensure that at all times contact with beneficiaries is conducted in a sensitive and respectful manner.
- Where relevant, liaise with donors and work closely with partners on project updates, site visits and other communication.
- Identify opportunities to collaborate and coordinate efforts with other organizations to ensure our activities build upon - rather than replicate - the work of others.
- Assess the activities undertaken and ensure efficient use of resources.
- Undertake regular field visits to provide technical guidance and supervision as well as regularly monitor the progress of project activities.
- Ensure lessons learned are documented, shared and reflected in project planning and decision making.
- Advise on, and assist with, project reviews conducted by AMEU.
- Ensure quality control, analysis of added-value and impact, identification and capitalization on best practices and lessons learnt and provide relevant feedback for new project development.
- Identify and analyse gaps, ACTED’s added value, synergies and opportunities in the areas the project(s) is / are implemented and pass relevant information to the N+1.
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team members.
- Draft (internal) narrative reports and contribute to the development of financial reports through regular budgetary follow up.
- Contribute to drafting of (external) project progress reports, ensuring the quality and accuracy of technical information provided.
Required qualifications and competencies:
- Project management experience in the required sector, in emergency and/or development
- Proven capabilities in leadership and management required (large team)
- Perfect verbal and written communication skills in English
- Knowledge of local language and/or regional experience is an asset
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid; educational level, expertise, hardship, security, and performance are considered for pay bonus
- Additional monthly living allowance
- Free food and lodging provided at the organisation’s guesthouse
- Transportation costs covered, including additional return ticket + luggage allowance
- Provision of medical, life, and repatriation insurance
How to apply:
Please send your application including cover letter, CV and references to email@example.com under Ref: PMW/WOS