WaterAid is an international charity established in 1981. Our vision is of a world where everyone has access to safe water and sanitation. Presently, WaterAid works in 27 countries worldwide, transforming millions of lives every year with safe water, sanitation and hygiene projects.
WaterAid began working in India in 1986. WaterAid India has its focus on the poorer states in the country to better target India's most vulnerable communities. The Country head office is in the nation’s capital, New Delhi, facilitating the organisation closer to policy makers. WaterAid India also has Regional Programme Offices in Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Bangalore and Lucknow, spanning our work in more than 14 states and working with about 50 partner organisations – governmental and non-governmental.
WAI’s programme focus in the coming five years will be promoting and securing the rights and access to safe water, improved hygiene and sanitation for many poor people through direct services and millions more through our influencing work.
Contract Duration: One year (extendable, depending on project performance)
WaterAid India is supporting a project “Jalasamrudhi” which aims to enhance and sustain the availability of safe drinking water throughout the year in select water-scarce Gram Panchayats in the Krishna Basin of Gulbarga and Raichur districts, Karnataka state.
- Programme management
- Lead and coordinate the implementation of the Jalasamrudhi programme in two districts of Karnataka – Gulbarga and Raichur - Develop project specific strategy and action plan as per the project design and the regional programme direction
- Guide the partners to implement the programme as per WAI standards
- Develop implementation plan in consultation with the partner team with location specific weekly activities and , budget, and track their progress
- Develop concept notes, and support partner to develop detailed technical design and estimates for management approval
- Monitoring, reporting
- Sector engagement and advocacy
- Technical support and capacity development
- Documentation and learning
5. Eligibilities and requirements
- Diploma/degree in civil engineering, water/health management, environment from a reputed university/institute
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in similar organisational/functional context, strong field level experience.
- Construction of WASH hardware (Water Supply infrastructure, rainwater harvesting structures) and experience in Water Security or Watershed type of work is preferable
Language: Ability to read and speak Kannada is a must. Knowledge of Telugu an additional advantage
The Position will be based out at Raichur or Gulbarga with approximately 3-5 days of travel to Hyderabad on a monthly basis
7. Application Process
- To apply please download the attached application form. Kindly note that ONLY applications submitted on WaterAid's standard application form will be considered.
- Please mention in subject line “Programme Coordinator- Jalasamrudhi”.
- Completed applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date: 16th August 2019
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be intimated of the interview.
WaterAid is an equal opportunity employer; women and the differently abled are particularly encouraged to apply.