Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec has an opportunity for an entry level GIS Analyst. This position will support GIS analysis, database development and map production efforts in support of environmental and water resources projects, including FEMA Flood Insurance Studies. This is an excellent career opportunity for an individual to join a team of multidisciplinary professionals in a fast paced, customer driven environment. The position offers great potential for professional growth and the opportunity to apply the latest in GIS technology to water resource projects and flood studies.
This individual will utilize GIS software to create and edit geospatial data, design geodatabases and develop mapping to support related projects. The successful candidate will have in-depth knowledge of ESRI software including ArcGIS. This position will work within a team of GIS professionals that are passionate about their work. This is a great opportunity for someone wishing to pursue a great career in GIS.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Uses geospatial data to complete tasks using knowledge of Geographical Information Systems.
- Inputs data into relevant software programs.
- Assists team in creating basic aerial and mapping exhibits.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
- Apply GIS concepts and spatial data.
- Apply ESRI concepts and spatial data.
- Perform data editing, digitizing, scanning and conversion.
- Develop maps and other cartographic products.
- Work in diverse work and team environments.
- Work outside the typical office environment (e.g. GPS data collection) as needed.
- Provide on-site GIS support at client or other Stantec offices as needed.
- Work on Windows operating system (Word, Access, Excel).
- Overnight travel may be required.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Working knowledge of ESRI software products;
- Zero to 3 years of work or intern experience utilizing GIS software;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Passion for geography, GIS, technology, and information communication; and
- Ability to effectively juggle multiple tasks, concurrently.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in GIS or related discipline. Minimum of 0-2 years of experience.
Co-op/Internship experience preferred.
Position will work in both a field and office setting.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location: United States-Maryland-Laurel
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Entry Level
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 190002I2