General Description: With oversight from the vice president for environment, energy and strategic international engagement, the associate develops USCIB advocacy efforts related to international sustainability, the United Nations’ (UN) Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Businessfor2030.org web platform. In addition, the associate provides administrative and logistics support to the VP’s work on environment, climate change and strategic international engagement.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree plus two years’ relevant work experience in international affairs, environmental policy, sustainability policy, or related field. Master’s degree is a plus but not required. Must have excellent oral and written communications skills and be comfortable conducting research-based projects. Must be detail-oriented, with strong organization and administrative skills. Must have strong interpersonal skills to liaise with clients and other partners.
Responsibilities (Advocacy and Policy):
- Work with VP to develop work plan and strategy for USCIB advocacy related to sustainability and SDGs. Maintain substantive knowledge of issue areas to be used in liaising with members and other partners, providing written and presentation materials, assistance with internal strategy planning sessions.
- Advocate for business engagement in global sustainability efforts, emphasizing business solutions and contributions to global sustainability challenges. Be able to represent USCIB positions.
- Maintain Businessfor2030.org with relevant company case studies and additional information.
- Attend UN and other international sustainability events and provide readouts to members. Organize side events on the margins of UN sustainability conferences.
- Provide administrative support to the vice president for environment, energy and strategic international engagement as well as for the vice president of marketing and communications.
- CRM Management: Enter and update committee member information in CRM software as necessary, with ability to run up-to-date reports, rosters, and distribution lists for numerous active committees, as well as perform routine searches.
- Meeting support: preparation of materials for policy committee meetings (e.g., agendas, handouts, letters, forms, reports, participants lists, badges, etc.); preparation, organization, and e-mail distribution of meeting notices/materials to committee members and coordination of e-mail responses of same; setting up teleconference calls; assisting with logistical support of meetings, including registration and coffee/food service for participants in-house, and taking minutes and providing summaries of meetings; and organize the technology and PowerPoint slides for webinars.
- Member and affiliate engagement: manage drafting, proofreading and editing materials (e.g. policy statements; outgoing e-mails, press releases, blogs, letters, bi-monthly newsletters, presentations, and other materials); establish frequent contact with committee members and assist with member recruitment where necessary; arrange and attend staff meetings. Assist with management of documents and communications with USCIB international affiliates and international organizations
- Travel support: arrange travel for VP including flight and hotel accommodations and other travel-related requirements. Assist VP with tracking expenses and ensuring timely filing of expense reports.
- Website maintenance: Manage and update relevant portions of the website, including policy committee and working group profiles; event registrations; policy statements, comments and final papers