Oxford Policy Management (OPM) is committed to helping low- and middle- income countries achieve growth and reduce poverty and disadvantage through public policy reform. We seek to bring about lasting positive change using analytical and practical policy expertise. Through our global network of offices, we work in partnership with national decision makers to research, design, implement, and evaluate impactful public policy. OPM works in all areas of social and economic policy and governance. We work in multiple sectors including, health, nutrition, poverty and social protection, economic policy, governance, urban issues, climate change and others.
We are seeking a highly effective Consultant for the WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) in the Water Portfolio team. This role will be responsible for the delivery of technical work across research, diagnostics, and service delvery; support the strategic development of the company's markets; and manage high-quality projects.
Please note this role is advertised from the United Kingdom office, but is open to a flexible and reasonable office location in agreement and negotation with the hiring manager. We will not be able to sponsor visas, so it is important that you already own the pre existing right to work within the country you wish to work in.
Day to day responsibilities for this role include (not exhaustive):
- Lead water team efforts for the identification, acquisition and delivery of small and medium-sized WASH projects across a number of technical areas.
- Manage water team projects across a range of technical areas and with various clients
- Support recruitment processes
- Ensure an appropriate project mix of small and large projects at different policy cycle stages and with different clients, based on market analysis and strategy
- Lead the acquisition of major WASH projects, working with regional teams and other portfolios where relevant
- Invoice project delivery in mid level technical roles
- Devise and deliver methodologies to capture and share project learning
- Develop an external reputation with key clients and stakeholders in chosen technical areas
- Provide inputs to strategy, recruitment, acquisition, project delivery, learning, influencing and impact measurement for team and company
To be successful at shortlisting stage, candidates should be able to demonstrate the below essential skills, knowledge and skills:
- Substantial work experience and established reputation in WASH technical area
- Experience working in low and middle-income countries;
- Consultancy track-record across a number of projects in WASH
- Experience project managing WASH consulting assignment - delivering to time and budget
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients, verbally and in writing;
- Commitment to building capacity for development
The ability to work with at least one relevant foreign language is desirable, but is not essential.
If you feel that you meet the minimum criteria listed above, we would really like to hear from you. Please submit a CV and a cover letter detailing how you meet each of the essential criteria above, and submit through the OPM portal by Sunday 18th August 2019 at 23.59pm UK time. Please note we are unable to accept CVs for posts submitted via attachment in an email.