Water Resources Intern
WHO WE ARE
Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges
We are a national leader in implementing straightforward approaches to development and deployment of scalable enterprise Geospatial Information Technology (GIT) solutions. Michael Baker International has differentiated itself and expanded its capabilities by using the latest technologies. For example, we use aerial, static and mobile Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR) systems that accurately determine range, elevation, and other critical mapping data. With hundreds of Geographic Information Systems (GIS), survey, mapping and IT professionals in our Geospatial Practice across North America, Michael Baker International possesses in-house experience and resources to support all elements of your program needs, including: needs analysis, digitizing/data conversion, customized mapping applications, and systems documentation, implementation, and training.
Michael Baker International is seeking a Water Resources Intern to support our Environmental team on a variety of design projects for our Newark, NJ office. The individual will learn the profession as duties are performed.
- Prepare engineering related calculations and develop drawings and visual aids.
- Assist project managers and engineers with various tasks.
- Draft details and make minor ACAD revisions.
- Work under supervision of a project manager or a senior level team member.
- Assist with data collection, input, verification, and manipulation.
- Currently enrolled in good academic standing and pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering at an accredited University or College; minimum of 1 year of coursework completed
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- College level engineering courses in Civil Engineering with a focus in GIS, Pavement Data analysis
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Office; Adobe Acrobat and CADD experience is preferred