EIT, Water Resources
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We’re among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is currently seeking a Designer (EIT) to join our Water Resources department, located at our Ottawa office. Reporting to the Manager, Water Resources this position will be responsible for a wide variety of projects that include design, analysis and preparation of associated reports, drawings and technical submission material.
- Undertaking hydrologic and hydraulic analysis tasks to support the design and assessment of stormwater management facilities, storm drainage sewer systems and natural watercourses;
- Authoring reports to document technical analyses undertaken, for review by clients and approval authorities.
- Directing and coordinating water resources activities related to engineering and design, both from a technical and functional standpoint;
- Liaising with municipal and provincial reviewers as required to obtain approvals for the stormwater management components of land development/transportation projects;
- Develop scope definition for engineering services, establish basic design criteria for projects, and provide input to proposal/bid preparation.
- The successful candidate will be a proactive, self-motivated and communicative individual, keen to learn and with a willingness to take personal responsibility for project work.
- Bachelor degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering (or equivalent Water Resources related course) and minimum 2-3 years of post-graduation industry experience;
- Previous experience in the field of Water Resources and/or Stormwater Management;
- P.Eng. qualification in Ontario, or eligible for licensing within 1-2 years;
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and/or ARC GIS;
- Knowledge of federal, provincial and municipal regulatory requirements related to water resources and stormwater management design;
- Working knowledge of computer modelling software commonly used in water resources engineering, including any/all of the following: PCSWMM, EPA-SWMM, Visual OTTHYMO, HEC-RAS, InfoWorks, MIKE-Urban, HY8, CulvertMaster, HydroCAD;
- Demonstrated analytical (data collection, compilation and analysis), communication (verbal and written – including technical writing), and reporting skills;
- Experience dealing with approval agencies such as the City of Ottawa and surrounding Conservation Authorities will be an advantage.
- A valid Driver’s license is an asset.