Graduate Hydrologist 2020
Graduate careers rarely impact everyday life. But at Rio Tinto, your innovation will deliver the building blocks humankind relies on. Like the aluminium in our cars. The iron in our skyscrapers. And the salt that seasons our food. This is complex work that calls for natural leadership and the ability to quickly develop new skills. Work that thrives from creative thinking and demands astute environmental stewardship. Work that ultimately shapes society and drives human progress.
At Rio Tinto, you’ll have the flexibility, choice and freedom to be yourself and direct your career. Our Graduate Excellence Path gives you the perfect start: an opportunity to immediately get to grips with real work, develop your technical expertise and start a legacy that improves life for millions globally.
In fact, as well as experience in your chosen field, you can expect:
- A comprehensive training programme that gives you the tools to excel and progress
- A diverse and highly inclusive team culture that encourages collaboration across geographies, commodities, disciplines and markets
- Access to industry-leading professionals who’ll nurture your talent and help to fast track your career
- Exposure to innovative projects and technology that will propel mining into the digital age
- A wide selection of digital learning materials and world-class leadership content available to boost professional growth and development
Who we’re looking for
We’re seeking Graduates with degrees in Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering with an interest in water resource management, hydrology or surface water management.
In this role you’ll work with a team of specialist water professionals delivering water resource management technical work, such as flood studies and hydrological data management. This is a fantastic opportunity to apply and develop your modelling and statistical analysis techniques, and gain valuable fieldwork experience collecting data from across the Pilbara. As part of our Iron Ore Resource Development division you’ll have chance to rotate across various teams, further developing your skillset and opening your mind to the possible career pathways.
We’re looking for exceptional graduates who want to learn and make an impact. Ambitious personalities with the gravitas to inspire colleagues and the curiosity and analytical mind to challenge the status quo. If this sounds like you and you're on track to graduate in 2019 or have recently completed your studies we encourage you to apply.