Digital Marketing Officer
The International Hydropower Association (IHA) is a non-profit membership organisation which works with its members and partners to build and share knowledge on hydropower’s role in renewable energy systems, responsible freshwater management and climate change solutions. Our membership includes more than 100 organisations as well as individual members who share our vision to deliver water and energy services to all in a sustainable way.
IHA is a champion of international good practices and continuous improvement in hydropower planning, development and operation. Our programmes increase awareness of hydropower’s role in the clean energy transition and promote collaborative approaches to river basin development. We monitor the hydropower sector, publish acclaimed publications and develop innovative tools and guides for practitioners and decision-makers.
Every two years, IHA organises the World Hydropower Congress, a high-level event that brings together leaders from government, industry, finance, United Nations agencies, academia and civil society to set priorities for the future of the hydropower sector.
As Digital Marketing Officer, you will play a leading role in IHA’s marketing activities, managing website channels and print and digital communications. Reporting to the Head of Communications, you will work closely with our Membership, Sustainability and Knowledge Building teams to deliver and help shape the organisation’s communications and marketing strategy.
- Leading the design, production and marketing of IHA’s printed and digital communications, products and services.
- Providing support and guidance to IHA’s Membership, Sustainability and Knowledge Building teams, to communicate their activities, events and services and attract new members and customers.
- Contributing to the forthcoming redevelopment of IHA’s websites, including hydropower.org and hydrosustainability.org.
- Managing website content using Drupal and Wordpress content management systems.
- Leading the development and growth of IHA’s new online membership community and mobile app, Hydropower Pro.
- Acting as IHA’s brand champion, creating visually appealing and engaging graphic content for digital marketing and publications.
- Designing and managing email marketing and sending out newsletters and social media campaigns.
- Working with suppliers and producing advertisements, event banners and infographics.
- Developing and laying-out publications and reports, including IHA’s flagship Hydropower Status Report, leaflets and briefing documents.
- Analysing and reporting the impact of IHA communications using Google Analytics and email data reports.
- Managing contacts data using Customer Relationship Management software.
- Copywriting and editing content.
Essential skills and attributes:
- At least two years’ experience in a similar professional role.
- Demonstrable experience in brand management and digital marketing.
- Proven experience in using website content management systems, in particular either Drupul or Wordpress.
- Experience using Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience in producing printed materials and designing visually appealing and consistently branded content.
- Experience managing social media platforms including LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Good copywriting and copyediting skills, with the ability to write for web audiences.
- Ability to adapt to a busy environment, managing and prioritising competing deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills, but able to work independently and perform under pressure.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
Desirable skills and attributes:
- A marketing or visual arts qualification.
- Experience working in water, energy, environmental, sustainability or international development sectors.
- Experience working in a membership body or an international organisation.
- Willingness to travel internationally on occasion if required.
- Experience in managing projects.
- Experience of using video editing software.
- Additional languages.
Candidates should send their CV and a cover letter explaining your interest in working for IHA and how their experience, skills and attributes align with the role. The letter should also confirm your eligibility to work in the UK and your willingness to travel internationally if required.
These documents should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following text in the subject of the email: ‘IHA Digital Marketing Officer application’.