Event and Administrative Coordinator
Our Vision: A world where all people, everywhere, enjoy equitable access to safely managed and dignified sanitation services which improve health, reduce poverty and safeguard the environment, and treat human waste as a valued resource.
Who we Are:
The newly-formed Faecal Sludge Management (FSM) Alliance helps to support the growth and development of the FSM sector and its contributions to inclusive and sustainable urban sanitation services.
The founding members of the FSM Alliance have all been active in developing, promoting, researching, investing in safe, inclusive sustainable sanitation solutions around the world where conventional sewered systems may be inappropriate. Together, the Alliance’s founding member-organizations have convened the biennial FSM Conferences (five conferences to date) to raise the profile of the problem and available solutions, increase the sharing of knowledge amongst academic and independent researchers and practitioners, facilitate more evidence-building and foster the growth of the ‘sub-sector’. Together, the organizations have supported the participation of national and local government officials, SME businesses, academics and non-government development organizations active in the sanitation sector in the conferences to encourage interest in and take up of FSM solutions.
Over the last eight years since the first FSM Conference, much has been achieved, but more work is needed to firmly establish FSM solutions as part of mainstream urban sanitation planning. The FSM Alliance was created to bring together all sanitation stakeholders to streamline and continue the efforts of the founding organizations.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide event support for a variety of different types and levels of event - these include conferences, tradeshows, dinners, celebrations, and incentive programs
- Supports the coordination of event logistics for FSM Alliance events including: scheduling rooms, maintaining calendars, conducting research and other related tasks.
- Actively participate in team meetings to provide creative solutions to challenges, benefit other team members, and treat all proprietary information as confidential
- Effectively communicate between internal team, clients, and vendors via phone and email.
- Assist with managing vital event documents such as: event contact sheet, production schedule, event timeline, onsite crew cards, meeting notes, change order, expense tracking doc, show plan, and wrap-up document
- Keep all teams and parties updated on new event processes, current event issues, ongoing challenges, solutions, and industry trends
- Updates and tracks member communications and event status details.
- Administers the member recruitment and retention program and processes for a membership organization or association.
- Maintains membership records, solicits and acknowledges memberships, and prepares advertisements or correspondence regarding the organization and its programs.
- Participates in association events and activities to meet and greet members and offer assistance.
- Maintenance of all membership records and assistance with annual dues renewals
- Assistance with various member-related projects.
- Reviews applications for determination of correct membership category
- Provides support Services with information for new member approval packets
- Responsible for mailing approval letters, membership cards and invoices to new members
- Responds to phone calls from members and potential members
- Assists team with projects as needed.
- Respond to inquiries via phone and email regarding the application process and member accounts.
- Maintain member and candidate information in CRM database.
- Provide support for membership onboarding, mailings and other projects.
- Staff new member events, committee meetings, general meetings, and conferences.
- Arrange meetings and appointments for Executive Secretary and necessary committee members
- Take and distribute meeting minutes
- Prepare important documents, including compiling data, research and preparing reports as requested.
- Plan, arrange, and coordinate specific meetings, interviews or other group events.
- Assist with travel arrangements and expense reimbursements.
- Assists with the production of FSMA newsletters.
- Processes and fulfills orders for FSMA publications and maintains sales records.
- Train and develop new staff.
- Develop, implement and monitor department operating systems and methods.
- Perform as resource of organization’s procedures, policies and practices.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in International relations or a related field)
- Microsoft Office suite program experience, especially intermediate Microsoft Excel experience
- Minimum of 1 year in event management
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience supporting high-live executive in an office administration position
- Native German speaker, fluency in English
- Display strong critical thinking, organizational, and analytical capabilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload on multiple projects & events simultaneously
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication, presentation skills and quantitative abilities
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task, handle frequent interruptions, maintain focus, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to understand and apply the functionality of various technologies and software applications to perform duties; advanced computer skills required, including but not limited to, proficiency in Windows, MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point) Internet usage, and various databases.
- Ability to proactively seek out information and solutions and keep current on new and changing information and technology.
- Organized, accurate and flexible in order to accommodate changing priorities.
- Knowledge of business English and grammar sufficient to write and edit business materials.
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality
- Successfully perform in high stress, fast-paced environment
- Portray professional presence through superior communication, presentation, promptness, and appearance.
- Highly organized with ability to independently prioritize competing deadlines and manage a range of responsibilities with high efficiency and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience with high-profile individuals a plus.
- Flexible schedule to staff events as needed.
Bremer Arbeitsgemeinschaft für
Überseeforschung und Entwicklung e.V.
Tel. + 49 421 40 89 52 - 0